• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death's Healing Grasp v0.4 (Fixed)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Emerald_dream
Hello hive, this is my first trigger-based ever to create ( im new at trigger programming ) and i upload it here to get some judgment about my work ;)
I have been visiting the hive quite a time now downloading models only and now i that i have decided to learn the powers of the triggers i give you my first work to get your thoughts about it ;)

The spell:

Its quite an easy to do, and quite usefull as a boss ability.

The deal is this.

The caster summons 12 death knights arround him which heal him with their death coils.

Each coil heals the target for 50 hit points which makes total of 600 hit points healed.
All of the above can be changed by the user ;)
NOTE: all the units appeared as decorations are locusted as well as the death knights dummies :D

Not a big deal but its a start ;)

I hope it get aproved and i hope you give me as many thoughts and suggestions as possible :) :)

PS: remember that i am a newbie in trigger programming ;p

*UPDATE*

-Fixed leaks

Keywords:
Deaths, Healing, Grasp, Heal, Healing, Death Knight, Death Coil, Undead, Dark
Contents

Deaths Healing Grasp (Map)

Reviews
12th Dec 2015 IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected. 10:52, 6th Aug 2010 hvo-busterkomo: The spell leaks and is not MUI

M

12th Dec 2015
IcemanBo: Too long time as NeedsFix. Rejected.

10:52, 6th Aug 2010
hvo-busterkomo: The spell leaks and is not MUI

Level 7
whats bad about triggering :/ ?

Well, Let's start :p
#1: your spells does leak, you should watch this.
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=27242

#2: the event "finishes casting an ability" isn't good. "start the effect of an ability" is better

#3: your spell isn't MUI (Mui mean that more than one unit can cast the spell whitout any bug) probably due to the function "TriggerSleepAction" known as Wait. Those Waits can be replace by different way depending on the situation. there's some link about MUI:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/dynamic-values-storage-121558/

alternative choice:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/trigger-gui-editor-tutorials-279/hashtables-mui-133407/

#4 In GUI you don,t need to null your variable so remove this
  • Set DKdummyunits[Integer] = No unit

Level 7
*Updated*

I believe i have fixed all the leaks -.-

i didnt know anything about them sheesh ;/

check it out now !

Your special effect leak , just destroy it right after creating it.
plus it still require MUI to be accepted

edit: there's more point leak
  • Set ofpoint = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 600.00 towards Real degrees)
the position of triggering unit leak

• Unit - Create 1 Death Knight Dummy Unit for Neutral Passive at ofpoint facing (Angle from (Position of (Last created unit)) to (Position of (Triggering unit))) degrees
Position of last created unit leak and position of triggering unit too

Level 2
^^

All I can say for the Idea is "Unique", now for a starter (like I am) it's common to not know MuI,Jass Scripts,leaks etc.^^
Deserves a 5/5 rate and acceptance once it's fixed!
*TIP:Set Coil's Range to 9999999999 so If u move the Dreadlord.Death Knight's won't hunt u and will just coil you ^^ :p*

Level 7
The dummy death knight doesn't have to be a hero.
Make it a unit instead.

when the death knights dissapear, the effects are always spawned at the middle of the map.

It leaks a lot, it's not MUI

nvm, i hate GUI anyway

edit:
Can someone delete my post?
I don't know why it double posted -.-

@Prince.Zero, please don't triple post, you're breaking the rules. Use the
edit.gif
button.

I'm gonna post the triggers:
  • Deaths Healing Grasp
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Deaths Healing Grasp
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TriggeringUnit = (Triggering unit)
          • Set ofpoint[2] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Set Real = (Real + 30.00)
          • Set ofpoint[1] = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 600.00 towards Real degrees)
          • Set ofpoint[3] = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 600.00 towards Real degrees)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ofpoint[1] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DeathCoil\DeathCoilSpecialArt.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Unit - Create 1 Death Knight Dummy Unit for Neutral Passive at ofpoint[3] facing (Angle from (Position of (Last created unit)) to ofpoint[2]) degrees
          • Unit - Make (Last created unit) face (Triggering unit) over 0.00 seconds
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ofpoint[1])
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ofpoint[2])
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ofpoint[3])
      • Countdown Timer - Start Timer[1] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 1.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_unitgroup)
  • Deaths Healing Grasp Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Timer[1] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Death Knight Dummy Unit) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set ofpoint[2] = (Position of TriggeringUnit)
          • Set unitgroup = (Last created unit group)
          • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Coil TriggeringUnit
      • Countdown Timer - Start Timer[2] as a One-shot timer that will expire in 1.00 seconds
  • Deaths Healing Grasp Copy 2
    • Events
      • Time - Timer[2] expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Real = 0.00
      • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set ofpoint[2] = (Position of TriggeringUnit)
          • Set Real = (Real + 30.00)
          • Set ofpoint[1] = ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 600.00 towards Real degrees)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at ofpoint[1] using Objects\Spawnmodels\Undead\UndeadDissipate\UndeadDissipate.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_ofpoint[1])
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Death Knight Dummy Unit) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set unitgroup = (Last created unit group)
              • Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game
Suggestions:

Please rename the triggers
You can also delete your posts by clicking the
edit.gif
button.

Level 5
i didn't triple post, the site bugged and showed me that stupid asteroids game. When i hit refresh i came back here and saw my post tripled.
You think i'm stupid or what?

then just delete it by yourself rather than blaming the hive site for making your post tripled.

for the spell, I think it is too simple and judge from the description, it has nothing special just another heal version with different effects.
but it is not bad as a first spell