• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death Penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
In the Philippines, we have no more death penalty for all those heinous crimes like drug/human trafficking, rape, murder, child abuse, massacre/butchering, terrorist acts, etc.......

Do you agree of death penalty for all those crimes?, is it worth to jail them for life?

Imo, I agree of death penalty, for example I heard a news of a Filipina who was caught in china carrying illegal drugs and will die in less than 2 days from now...If she is a victim of a larger syndicate then I pity on her but if she allowed herself to be used because of money, then I'm happy of that sentence...

EDIT:
if this topic causes offend to people, please remove this and I knowledge my deepest apology...

Last edited:
Level 11
My Motto on things like this is;

The Death Penalty is giving them an easy way out, some people may find it hard to give up this life, becuase the think its there only and last.

Prision in a hard prision is a sort of torture, so please which would you chose death or torture becuase thats your options.

So my thoughts on this is that I am glad they removed the death sentance, so that the criminals may suffer more

Level 11
Another positive is to ease prison overcrowding.

Here in South Africa, serial rapists and murderers are routinely set free, only to be convicted again.

Off-topic: Woah your in South africa too just like me. And I was not trolling really, if you did something really bad you should pay for it not just get exacuted, and be done with it.

Level 27
I am glad they removed the death sentence, so that the criminals may suffer more
What does this accomplish?
Why the fuck is something like this not in MT!?
MT isn't a rule, it's an opportunity. It must be this way.
You don't want to discuss serious subjects such as this one in a pool full of trolls.
Yes, yes I do. Because in debate terms we call trolling "playing the Devil's advocate." It's something I've done myself from time to time, and it's something worth practicing.

Level 29
lolz I dont even know what is MT, and not planning to join any social sites except this one and a-like...
I bought that issue here coz prisons like in my country is overpopulated with those crimes, we pay for their food/water, 'free' accommodation, soap, what else?...also, some of those prisoners have some contacts outside prison, so their evil deeds still rampant (like drugs)...Imo, better to kill them, an easy death but no more threat to the society...

EDIT:
if this topic causes offend to people, please remove this and I knowledge my deepest apology...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I agree with the death penalty but only for habitual reoffenders. If someone has 300 cases of stealing throughout his/her life, then why do they disserve to live just so they can steal again? Prisons and arrests cost money per day per inmate, death does not so putting an end to their drain on society.

Obviously it should only apply for those habitual criminals who are a constant drain on society. If you steal a loaf of bread a dozen times when you are 16 then that should not be a death sentence (although you should still be punished). If you steal cars, metal from utilities, credit cards, carry out armed robbery, rape innocent kids, murder multiple people then that probably does disserve the death sentence.

Level 30
Yes its called Medivh's Tower :)

Also I agree with Death Penalty, even no matter the drama and the life of the person is, once you were arrested for 1 bag of drugs you will go to jail for months right? but if you were caught more than 1 bag of drugs plus you were doing it like 18-30 times obviously the Devil will now cook you for dinner.

EDIT: I also saw that news, the person is either dead now

Level 27
Death penalty is fine, but only to put murderers to death, and only when you're damn sure they're guilty. A regular old jury trial is not enough to hand out a death sentence. Innocent blood being spilled is inexcusable. There's no point having a justice system at all, in my opinion, if an innocent person will be harmed as a result of it. I would rather die at the hands of a murderer than spend a moment in prison for a crime I did not commit.

Mostly because prison is horrible place and having been betrayed by society, human life doesn't mean so much to me anymore, so I totally would murder inmates that tried to mess with me.

No, no, you cannot call anything just that harms an innocent. That is the vary basis of what crime itself is.

Level 6
The death penalty should only be suffered by those who got life-long terms in prison. It's really better to convert them into methane (or anything else) than let them live on law-abiding people's money.

Level 18
Yeah if it's about economics, the cheap labor they provide is immensely valuable if you spend two seconds thinking about it. You don't even need to do research.

sarcasm-detector-o.gif

Hmm...

I support the death penalty because
a) Frees up prison space, and saves taxpayer money. Cheap labour does not free up prison space, nor does it save taxpayer money. All it does is possibly increase the rate of unskilled unemployment since prisoners are to be used instead of employees. Yeah so I watched shawshank :p
b) It acts as a deterrent for most people (there will still of course be the ones who obviously do not care about their lives and commit crime anyways)

Level 24
Yes death penalty must be the greatest thing ever. Lets kill these people to prove killing wrong... Something tells me they did not think things through.

Level 6
Yes death penalty must be the greatest thing ever. Lets kill these people to prove killing wrong... Something tells me they did not think things through.

This and the risk that you're killing innocent people. Even if just one guy in a thousand is innocent you'll still be a murderer.

I am against death penalty and will always be. To many have died to failure in court and fake evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_execution
http://listverse.com/2010/01/12/10-convicts-presumed-innocent-after-execution/
http://madamenoire.com/73840/exoner...oman-found-innocent-after-being-put-to-death/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
The idea of the death penalty is not justice, but efficiency. Some criminals run up bills of millions in damages (the crimes they commit, including damages to others), resources (they have to eat in jail) and time (police, legal services and prison management). This is far more than most people in the world will ever earn.

Thus the death penalty cuts short this bill, putting an end to the continuous drain on society that serious criminals are. A method of making society more efficient than of serving justice.

Here in the UK there are people with over 500 criminal offenses, each one costing thousands of pounds in time, effort and resources. Keeping a person in prison for a year costs >£40,000, for a person who never had or will ever have a job.

Why should my tax pay for this?!

Level 6
I came up for another idea.
What about public torturing for some really brutal massacres like the one Breivik did? Something like crusifixion, but it shouldn't offend christians.

EDIT: Lol, just've seen this above my post: "Your ideas tend to result in unnecessary violence so shut the F*** up!"

Level 6
What is wrong with some of you? Wanting to watch public torture? '' I don't care if some innocent people die, as long as I don't have to pay 0.0001£/$ extra in taxes.

Though I could see prisoners getting some kind of work to pay for themselves, this has been done before and done in some parts of the world.

Level 6
Well, do you think Breivik is innocent?
And this should somehow make those bastards fear the f*cking justice! I don't want pedophile who'd raped and killed a whole lot of innocent kids to be just killed by fast cyanide. And do you?

Level 18
Because eye for an eye is a stupid tribal thinking that needs to die, sure he did bad things but that doesent mean he should be killed, will that do those children any good? It is the 21 century man.

Level 6
Because eye for an eye is a stupid tribal thinking that needs to die, sure he did bad things but that doesent mean he should be killed, will that do those children any good? It is the 21 century man.

Eye for many eyes ripped with chainsaw (by this level) is what I'm talking about. Such violence deserves ultimate punishment.

Level 18
>implying eye for an eye to be a good policy
>implying you can be a real christian without reading the bible
>implying it wont affect your mind even tough you havent read it
>implying im wrong for telling you to read it

Level 6
>implying eye for an eye to be a good policy

Please, re-read my previous post. EDIT: actually, it's pre-previous now.

>implying you can be a real christian without reading the bible

What? I said I'm not a christian.

>implying it wont affect your mind even tough you havent read it

Why do you think I haven't?

Unproven crap you're giving to me. Lol, and you're the one who tell me I'm retard.

Level 18
158487-albums5564-picture64205.jpg

Eye for many eyes ripped with chainsaw (by this level) is what I'm talking about. Such violence deserves ultimate punishment.

Why? Becasue vengance is stupid and pointless,better let that person do something for the community (that forced labor i talked about). Torture? Dude grow up?

What? I said I'm not a christian.

obviously, your post implied that only christians can read the bible

Why do you think I haven't?

Why would i think you have?

Unproven crap you're giving to me.

Murder is bad,mkay?

Lol, and you're the one who tell me I'm retard.

>implying i called you a retard

Level 6
Why? Becasue vengance is stupid and pointless,better let that person do something for the community (that forced labor i talked about). Torture? Dude grow up?

To make others think twice before doing such a thing.

obviously, your post implied that only christians can read the bible

Only christians have to read Bible. And I still don't get what the crap is ">implying you can be a real christian without reading the bible"

Why would i think you have?

If you don't know anything, don't talk about it. It's just no good.

Murder is bad,mkay?

Okay, but the best way to pay for murder is to suffer.

>implying i called you a retard

Checkmate.

Level 18
To make others think twice before doing such a thing.

thats what jail is for

Only christians have to read Bible. And I still don't get what the crap is ">implying you can be a real christian without reading the bible"

but inorder to become a real christian you gotta read the bible first (yes random spectators, im highjacking this thread aswell)

Okay, but the best way to pay for murder is to suffer.

No.

>implying I posted a picture like that

Level 6
thats what jail is for

Some crimes are beyond jail's level.

but inorder to become a real christian you gotta read the bible first (yes random spectators, im highjacking this thread aswell)

>implying I wanted to become a christian

Yes.

>implying I posted a picture like that

Happy trolling. Way too fat, I should mention. But that picture is still in my post, so Checkmate again. Oh yeah, and edit stamp on yours.

Level 18
Like Breivik's, haven't I mentioned it?

But that guy was an anti-muslim zionist, its pritty clear he's mentaly unhealty just from that but later they proved he had other problems, do you think that if there was a death penalty in norway, he wouldnt have fragged all those people? Killing him would bring the children back, it wouldnt help the families either. Life in prison is better, make him shovel snow for the rest of his days.

And will you listen to me? I doubt.

It wont hurt if you tried.

Level 6
But that guy was an anti-muslim zionist, its pritty clear he's mentaly unhealty just from that but later they proved he had other problems, do you think that if there was a death penalty in norway, he wouldnt have fragged all those people? Killing him would bring the children back, it wouldnt help the families either. Life in prison is better, make him shovel snow for the rest of his days.

Let it be so. I'm tired already. If you want, you'll surely find right instances.

It wont hurt if you tried.

Once again. When you see anyone being tortured for rape, you lose any ideas such as rape on your own, don't you?

Well, that isn't correct for mentally ill. Such as them should be detected before any accidents.

Level 18
Let it be so. I'm tired already. If you want, you'll surely find right instances.

"The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind."
-Martin Luther King

Once again. When you see anyone being tortured for rape, you lose any ideas such as rape on your own, don't you?

If you alread have serious toughts about raping someone, than seeing someone get tortured for it wont really make those thoughts go away, infact it will make the rapist more prepared for the rape. Most crimes are spontanious and in that nature the criminals make plenty of mistakes which leads to them getting caught.So rape numbers wont really drop but less rapists would get caught. And what if the rapist just doesent care if he gets caught. Torture is just barberic, why dont you start wearing leaves too? As long as a country's IQ stays high enough, torture would never be approved.

When you think about it, death is alot easier compared to spending 50 years trapped in a cage, beeing a wife to some gorilla.

Well, that isn't correct for mentally ill. Such as them should be detected before any accidents.
Intrestingly enough there is a way that this is possible:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFQCYpIHLNQ

Level 6
If you alread have serious toughts about raping someone, than seeing someone get tortured for it wont really make those thoughts go away, infact it will make the rapist more prepared for the rape. Most crimes are spontanious and in that nature the criminals make plenty of mistakes which leads to them getting caught.So rape numbers wont really drop but less rapists would get caught. And what if the rapist just doesent care if he gets caught.

Read Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment". You'll see what does crime do to a criminal's mind. Crime isn't like going shopping to the store.

Level 18
Read Dostoevsky's "Crime and Punishment". You'll see what does crime do to a criminal's mind. Crime isn't like going shopping to the store.

But what if Raskolnikov did not feel remorse after killing the two women? Infact his murder was quite planned and not spontanious like most murders.

Also do you think he would have turned himself in in if the sentance was torture and death, rather then penal servitude? Even in the end he manages to redeem himself thanks to his wife's support.

Status
Not open for further replies.