• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death From Above

Express Your Feelings

• I feel unknown to what I want to say

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate it somewhat but I feel it could become better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So far this is what I have been working on and I hope I could receive tips or idea's and suggestions from you guys while getting criticism too. Be free to express your feelings through the poll as well just try to test the map before judging on what people say.

Known Con's:
Wagon can start with too low of hitpoints
It could lag a bit dependent on your computer
starfall does not show where it is striking
fortify can't regen from everything
last stand heals you back to full when over if still over 500 hit-points

Explanation of My Map:
Firstly it is indeed a survival while thinking its just another dodge and don't die type of game play, think again because I am trying to make it more then that and with your guys help I can succeed in doing so. Objects do fall from the sky preferably fiery ones as well some attacks will not show where they shall strike so reaction time will require a fast finger/hand. Everyone for now is a robot called an Elite that has three abilities which will help you to endure what is going on. Those three abilities are known as Fortify, Last Stand, and last of all is Repair which you can use to repair any mechanical unit even your enemy. Everyone is started off as enemies because it makes room for offensive idea's.

Known Idea's:
Shield/Forcefield Generator with mana or just timed duration
Improve starfall
Decrease lag
Improve Wagons
More Events/not sure what
Descending Monsters/not sure what
Bigger map size
More obstacles/not sure what
Add a physics system/half complete
Create Terrain/will take a while
More stuff to hide in/not sure what

I advise not to try to open the map unless you have recoded it back using a mpq editor, my map will only be unlocked for people that know what they're doing I apolgize to the people that can't de-protect maps. Do try to de-protect it without that weird Russian tool xdep. :grin:

REMEMBER: This is a Alpha Testing map so far and is my first map ever so some stuff will be unfinished or not even started or done while victory or lost conditions are unfinished.

I thank you for taking the time to read all of what I have had to say and to test my map if you do deem to do so.

Attachments

• Shot1.jpg
    Shot1.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Shot2.jpg
    Shot2.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Shot3.jpg
    Shot3.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 139
  • Shot4.jpg
    Shot4.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 117
  • Shot5.jpg
    Shot5.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Death From Above.w3x
    90 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 9
to make screenshots, go to your game, get the view you want to have, press Prt Sc(Print Screen), go to paint, Paste, save file, go to a hosting site(e.g. tinypic.com), search for your saved screenshot, then save the code for forums, then paste it in your topic, and there's your screenshot

Level 5
So far this is what I have been working on and I hope I could receive tips or idea's and suggestions from you guys while getting criticism too. Be free to express your feelings through the poll as well just try to test the map before judging on what people say.
First of all, there is no hints in game as to what the map is about. This is generally a bad idea. Consider a delay on the falling items, give a countdown timer until starting the game, to give new players a chance to adapt to their new environment. Also a text message should appear with enough time to read explaining what the game is about. There should also be a quest repeating the information.

Known Idea's:
Bigger map size
Do not do this. Your map size is perfect for the game type it is.

I advise not to try to open the map unless you have recoded it back using a mpq editor, my map will only be unlocked for people that know what they're doing I apolgize to the people that can't de-protect maps. Do try to de-protect it without that weird Russian tool xdep.
It is your choice to protect your maps. Doing so eliminates the ability of people to open it up and see why things you are having problems with isn't working right. I am not going to spend the time deprotecting a map that I have no interest in working on, although I will open unprotected maps and view what is wrong with it.

Level 6
First of all, there is no hints in game as to what the map is about. This is generally a bad idea. Consider a delay on the falling items, give a countdown timer until starting the game, to give new players a chance to adapt to their new environment. Also a text message should appear with enough time to read explaining what the game is about. There should also be a quest repeating the information.

Do not do this. Your map size is perfect for the game type it is.

It is your choice to protect your maps. Doing so eliminates the ability of people to open it up and see why things you are having problems with isn't working right. I am not going to spend the time deprotecting a map that I have no interest in working on, although I will open unprotected maps and view what is wrong with it.

It shows a circle where it is about to hit though and I will explain what my game is about and thanks for the other information, I think my mapsize could be a bit bigger though. The protection on my maps are fairly simple and should only take a maximum of five minutes to de-protect just so I don't see bad versions of my map and people that do want it know what they are doing.

Thank you skamigo for showing me how to make a screenshot.

I have also just updated my map in my first post.

Last edited:
Level 5
The protection on my maps are fairly simple and should only take a maximum of five minutes to de-protect just so I don't see bad versions of my map and people that do want it know what they are doing.
This is your choice, but understand this...
There are programs that automatically do this. It takes zero knowledge to do this. What it DOES take, is file manipulation. It takes downloading, moving, running, typing, processing, and opening.

Consider that I have zero interest in your map. I don't really give a darn if it becomes completed or not. I am capable of building a map identical and without the errors you have to this map in about 15 minutes. It would take me close to a similar time to navigate my file structure and find the deprotection tools I have.

Since I have no interest in your map, anything I do for you would be a courtesy, to help you become a better mapmaker.

Compare me to a thief. A thief has every desire to want to get your map. They will spend the effort to crack it so they can plaster their name on it. They are generally more proficient at Map De-protecting than triggering.
Understand that Triggering is a different discipline than de-protecting. I can be very skilled in one, and unskilled in the other. Good triggerers don't need protected maps, there are plenty of unprotected maps to learn on (my latest being a good example.) As such, their only "skill" in de-protecting would be the ability to read a tutorial (Which is, in all honesty, the limit of my skill in de-protection of maps)
Likewise, someone can be very proficient at cracking a map, and only know how to find a GUI trigger icon that represents "quest" and know how to edit that with their name.
The two do not require the same skill.

So, knowing my time is valuable, knowing I have no inherent drive to help you improve your map and that any effort would be a courtesy for you as a mapmaker, and knowing that anyone who has interest in going to Map Development to steal your map would have the drive to crack your map, Knowing all this, you still insist that if I am to help YOU, I must pay the toll of my precious time, which is better spent working on a better AI for my current map, to crack your map before I can even open it to tell you what is wrong with your current trigger set that is causing the bug that you complained of?

Don't think so. Enjoy your protected map, it isn't worth my time to open it. Best you got is a simple explanation during a bit of downtime as to why it isn't.

Level 6
I do not think I said anything about wanting help in triggers if I remember correctly as well I host this on Bnet meaning its easier to just put the protected version when its up to date and it would only take 50 seconds to crack and there are ways to protect against every type of de-protection except one which is nearly the same as how warcraft reads the map and the triggers will never truly be protected but at least only pro's will be able to crack it which makes me feel better and I support learning and all but all the stuff I did in my map people could either just ask for or learn it themselves like I had too. It wasn't worth my time replying to you Riptokus. Why would I want you to help me now after what you've said?

Remember this I had no intention to share my map but only to get idea's and criticism *about the map* not the protection on it. My first impression of you now is that your just a kid trying to start a fight like more idiots do, I did not call you a idiot though so if anyone else read this they would know I did not mean no harm but just to tell you off since of what you have just said.

Edit: So Teelo any reason for stating that it should be rejected and deleted?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.