• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deaf, Blind or not being able to talk?

What would you rather be? if you had to choose one of these. Blind, deaf or not talk

• Totally Blind

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Totally Deaf

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Not being able to talk or make sounds

Votes: 40 76.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
What would you rather be. If you had to choose one of these.

Deaf = Don't hear a freaking thing.
Blind = All you see is blackness. (No, your hood isn't down!)
Not being able to talk = You're not able to talk, nor make sounds.

Hard choice eh?

=p

And yes, i voted 'Not being able to talk' because i could still use papers to communicate... or computers >.>

Level 9
I choose 3 with ease...not being able to hear/see cant be solved, not being able to talk is easy to solve, jest grab a pen and a paper.

and I spend my time mostly on the computer too.... so that's not an issue anyway...

Level 7
I choose 3 with ease...not being able to hear/see cant be solved, not being able to talk is easy to solve, jest grab a pen and a paper.

and I spend my time mostly on the computer too.... so that's not an issue anyway...
Wow, so when you do go out you have to keep a scroll of paper and a pencil ready? I freaking hate the idea of not being able to talk or laugh, and blindness is actually useful, it increases your hearing and senses much more.

Level 27
No laughing? That would really suck.

What happens if you are hurt? Just stick a message in a bottle and throw it in the air? No, you die. I vote completely deaf. Hell, people can write papers for you.

Who said you couldn't laugh? You probably could laugh, but not make a sound while doing it =p

And when you are deaf, you can't hear music? You can't hear danger? Can't hear cars coming at you, sure you can look but..

Level 21
perhaps something you havent realised, but if you are deaf you cannot talk properly. even if you were deafened in later life, slowly your ability to speak properly decreases, i know this from seeing it first hand. so while you can laugh and talk, eventually you lose those abilities too. at least when you cannot talk you can still use a computer to comunicate, and with new technology it will soon be possible to "think" words and a computer make the words for you, however, i have not seen any similar reasearch done for deaf people, though there might be. still, for me it would be not to talk. and seeing as 70% of communication is body language, really it wouldnt be nearly as bad as being deaf or blind.

Last edited:
it will soon be possible to "think" words and a computer make the words for you

Sounds like something from Star Wars. =P

Though, it is possible. Good point, I guess I shouldn't have watched that movie with the deaf guy. Ya' know? The one who just one day starts talking. Oh nevermind.

That's a hard one, but for the time being, we don't have that technology.

Level 24
I would choose not being able to make talk. First, because there is an easy way around that: sign language. Second, if you can't talk or anything, it's cute when you hit people for being mean :3

By the way, because of the nature of sound, it's most likely physically impossible for a human in otherwise perfect health to be unable to make sounds. It's possible that you wouldn't make loud sounds, but you would still probably be able to yell and laugh and grunt.

Level 11
Dudes, I wouldn't like to live in a world of total blackness. Then you cannot see all the beautiful things that are out there.

I dont want to be deaf either; music ftw, and hearing ppls would beat the crap out of not doing.

So, I say: silence me! ppls would just think I am less annoying when I don't speak.

Level 27
Notice how sight is our primary sense for knowing what's around us?
Sound comes second, and talking doesn't tell you anything about what's around you.

So limit your perception of your environment, or limit your ability to put into it?

Level 7
Blind doesn't go for me because then i would not be able to do any of my hobbies: paint, play piano or make WC3 maps. And because it may happen that somebody hooks you up with an ugly chick, and you would not even know.

Deaf doesn't go either, you can't listen to music!!!

Not Being able to talk or make sounds? MORSE CODE HERE I COME (Or maybe just pen and paper)!!!

Level 12
See blackness? technically what u said contridcted yourself, you don't see blackness, you see NOTHING, your ability to see is disabled, sure some might say you see blackness but you can't see blackness, because you can't see anything, you just think you can only see blackness when you can't see at all.

Well I need hearing, I need seeing, i love gaming so screw my speaking

Level 36
I'd prefer to not be able to talk. Why? Sure, I couldn't laugh or have a conversation, but I would probably just resort to email and chatrooms. If I was deaf I wouldn't be able to play (well I guess maybe) or listen to music, which would completely ruin my life. If I was blind, well that would just plain suck.

Level 12
you cant game if you cant see, so much for entertainment? Least you wouldnt care what girl you go have "fun" with xD

Level 27
Well. Actually this was a bit of an obvious poll because not being able to talk isn't as bad as totally deaf or totally blind...

Because Blind, you can't see. I mean... your eyes are almost at the top of the list to do stuff right? Deaf, without sounds you would be pretty handicapped and as someone already said you would slowly be unable to speak correctly.

So dumb, because there are other ways of communication.

Level 12
i chose not being able to talk becouse of these reasons

Deaf = Can't hear people warn me(okay, a little vague argument) and i cant really watch tv or movies(there are movies and channels for the deaf, but it still wouldnt be as enjoying)
Blind = Can't see all the wonderfull things in the world and practicly cant play videogames
Not being able to talk = Have a hard time informating people about what you are trying to imply and not being able to laugh

Level 11
I'm gonna try Hakeem's trial periods. I'd blindfold in traffic, earplug while listening to music and STFU in a conversation that I really want to talk in.

I'd probably just grab a pen and write in the conversation, earplugs are just annoying and blindfold is very dangerous.

Result: I still choose mute.

Level 24
Or, you could learn either Morse Code and tap everything out on a nearby table, or you could learn sign language. ASL, ISL, whatever.

Level 2
Well if you are deaf, you probably can't talk anyway since you do not hear what you say. So I voted Not being able to talk. ^_^

Level 17
This ones a no brainer. There is no cure for complete deafness. There is no cure for complete blindness.

There are artificial voice boxes and vocal cords for mutes, the reason that many mutes dont do it, is because they cant afford it since they are usually very expensive.

But its still curable, so the choice here is pretty clearly Muteness. Also, deafness would be the most retarded choice over muteness, the 5 people who voted deaf dont realize that voting deaf also is technically voting mute. I think someone explained that already.

And you can still laugh if you are a mute, you still feel laughter and puff out air as if you were laughing, you just dont hear it. You DO laugh, but you dont hear the loud annoying HAHAHAHAHA which is probebly better.

Having problems with vocal cords doesnt eliminate emotions -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.