• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dead Zone - SOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Dz_logo.jpg|Main}}

Less than a year I am dealing with the editor of StarCraft II, previously since 2008 until the end of 2014 i was creating projects on Wc3 engine and I think I mastered almost to perfection Wc3 World Editor by this time. This knowledge is useful to me in learning more complicated and more powerful Galaxy Editor.

For several days I'm creating a new project, and at this time I wanted to show it off. Although I usually like to do everything by myself, to speed up the work, I would like to gather a small team of few people (I need help mainly on Inventory System and minor modifications of models (mostly adding some animation models to Blizzard's civilians) There is welcome also the person who could share with me new ideas.
Voice acting is not planned yet since its not necessary now.

==== Dead Zone - Speed of Darkness ====

The story takes place 11 months after the events of the first game, after last evacuation of the city. You are one of (max 6) survivors, gray civilian. Fleeing from infected you found a hidden underground tunnel that turns out to be the emergency entrance to the old
Logistics and research bunker ED44. Inside the bunker you found a wounded soldier, a group of scientists and engineer - the remnants after the first outbreak. They have damaged transmitter and radio receiver. Beyond that bunker is located in the center of the largest biological contamination. Through their requests for help and ecauation, they are ignored because of the issue of contamination.

In nearby area there is ruined **research facility**, which probably has to do with the beginning of the epidemic. it's corrupted systems are still active and still emit biological contamination. However, before a group of adventurers will try to do the impossible, and turn off the device, will have to search and perform several different tasks for scientists, who do not have the weapons or the experience to survive long outside. In addition, infected are aware of your presence and they every night attack bunker. The last squad of marines fiercely defending the bunker disappeared week ago on a searching supplies mission...

DZ_promo_0.jpg|Screenshot_1}}

==== Gameplay ====

Gameplay will be based on controlling 1 character and on cooperation with others.
The game will adjust and scale the number of enemies and difficulty to actual number of active players. (Apart from selectable difficulty levels such as Normal, Hard Nightmare) It will be possible to play single player mode. More info tomorrow.

By the end of next week I should finish all terrain at 100% and make UI layout and simple character creation system (mainly the choice of specialization, 3D portrait and gender. [Models and portraits of civilians])

Also I'll take care of main triggering job, programming events, environment and enemies, objects/items.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==== Gallery ====

* Entry gate to facility
DZ_promo_3.jpg|Screenshot_2}}

* Forest
DZ_promo_4.jpg|Screenshot_3}}

* Small Machine Graveyard
DZ_promo_2.jpg|Screenshot_4}}

* Your Bunker
DZ_promo_1.jpg|Bunkier}}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**The first game, which is the co-op strategy game of defending the damaged dropship is published on Europe. Dead Zone Remastered. For 3 players. **

Last edited:
Level 2
Work is moving forward! Almost completed whole UI. Some buttons are still missing so i used other avaible to replace gaps for while
Inventory left and Character Creator manager. After that I can start working on story/missions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.