• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Single unit weapon refit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello to everyone,

This is my first post to the forum, as I entered the big universe of Galaxy Editor just two days ago and, as I expect everyone before me, I'm struggling to do the simplest things, and slowly learning. I usually wouldn't post for help and try to spend hours figuring out something, but I already did spend those hours and I'm really stuck.

My problem is this: how do I refit a single unit with a weapon? My goal is to make the bunker equippable with the shrike turret, but so that the player would have to equip every bunker separately if they want it (I already know how to upgrade all the bunkers with shrike turrets).

Besides, I had heard something like this was supposed to appear on the Battlecruiser, letting the player decide whether to fit the Yamato Cannon or the – I believe it was called – Plasma Cannon; I guess that would use the same principle, am I wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Veren

Level 11
For reference, posts asking for help about the editor should be in the Galaxy Editor Help Zone.

Anyways basically how you would do this is by creating an ability the bunker can use. When this ability is used, it adds a behavior which will do whatever the Shrike Turret upgrade does to make the bunker able to shoot. I'm not sure the particulars of how it works, but you probably could just make it enable the weapon.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Behaviours of type buff. Those can add weapons (the base for all attacks) and, when combined with the appropiate actors, alter the appearence of units.

The exact implimentation is heavilly dependant on actor events (which frankly are still confusing for me).

Level 1
Thanks for replaying. I haven't had so much time these days to work on it, but as soon as I will, I will mess around with it.
Sorry for this useless reply, just wanted not to sound rude by not answering your replies.

Oh, and as for getting the wrong post location, sorry, I actually realized it just after posting, but couldn't move the post I guess.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.