• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SC2MAP] - Zone Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well here's my first project for SC2, and it's almost complete already! A revival of an old school SC map, Zone Control!

It will play pretty much exactly the same as the old school version of the map, and look nearly the same.

Map Screenshot

For those of you who may not have played Zone Control in SC here are some basics of the map.

* Each player starts with one Bunker, every 15 seconds you are given three Marines at each Bunker you own.
* You are able to upgrade your Marines and your Bunkers at your Engineering Bay.
* Your Orbital Command Center is able to reveal points on the map and is able to create SCV's which are used to expand your territory into more zones, Note that you are only allowed a maximum of ten bunkers.
* Bringing an SCV to an unoccupied zone will sacrifice the SCV and construct a Bunker under your control in the zone.
* Expand your territory and dominate your opponents to become victorious!
* Use your Commander to mass control your marines.

Screenshots!

Last edited:
Level 11
hahaha yesss i remember that map!! I've played it a lot on bnet xD

also remember marine special forces

ahhh... those were the days

Hehe, I'm thinking atm of reviving alot of the old school maps, at least until I figure out more of the editor then create something original. I was thinking heavily on MSF but that might be a later one I try and revive :)

HAHA. This is hilarious. That is the exact map I'm working on too! (see my signature)

LOL I had a feeling since you were looking for the exact same things I was looking for! This is pretty much done, I just have a small glitch that I'm in the process of fixing and it will be complete :)

I'm trying to keep this as old school as I can though so I'm not adding a ton of new things, just keeping it like how the original was.

Level 3
LOL I had a feeling since you were looking for the exact same things I was looking for! This is pretty much done, I just have a small glitch that I'm in the process of fixing and it will be complete :)

I'm trying to keep this as old school as I can though so I'm not adding a ton of new things, just keeping it like how the original was.

Nice. I'm still pretty far off from completion and I'm going for a more feature rich version, as my signature link suggests. You'll be able to use nuclear strikes, anti-nukes (protects you from a nuke), regeneration, life stealing, shields, espionage and much more.

I also have to say that your terrain looks a lot better than mine atm lol.

Level 11
Nice. I'm still pretty far off from completion and I'm going for a more feature rich version, as my signature link suggests. You'll be able to use nuclear strikes, anti-nukes (protects you from a nuke), regeneration, life stealing, shields, espionage and much more.

I also have to say that your terrain looks a lot better than mine atm lol.

lol well thanks, took me awhile to get it to look half decent :)

Edit: Well the map is done now, just gotta figure out how to protect it via the editor. Do we have a way of releasing the maps yet at all?

Last edited:
You bastard -_-
It appears more than one person had the ideal of creating this map!
Below is a screenshot of the map I just happen to be making <.<

SC1.png

Updated with 2 new screenshots of the map.

Still a bastard.
But if I may try and help, and give you some of my Zone Control map ideas, lower that marine count to 1 every 15 seconds or 2 every 30 seconds like I did. There are a few reasons for this:

A: More / better micro management requirements
B: Less unit lag
C: Less difficult to move most / all of your men
D: Less trigger lag
E: Plan for long(er) games. With that many marines, it'd be easy to kill someone's home zone.

Level 11
Hey all! Trying to get some public testing done on the map and need some volunteers :) or if anyone reads this in the next few minutes I'm hosting the map right now on SC2 and haven't gotten any joiners, if you could get on and see if the games even showing up or if no one can join let me know :p

Level 4
Just release the map! I can still play the beta!
Edit: Nope,I can't join a game :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.