• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Infestation (Troll & Elves)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi, I was thinking about making a SC2 version of Troll & Elves which I will call "Infestation".

Instead of Troll you will be an Egg which hatches into a Zergling after 30 seconds. Instead of Elves, you will play as Marines. Here are some info about playing the Zerg/"Infestor"
- Your goal is to kill or infest all Marines.
- If you kill a Marine it will turn into an Archon which will help the remaining Marines.
- If you use the ability "Infest" on a Marine it will after 15 seconds turn into an Infested Marine which will help you kill the remaining Marines. If another Marine uses Inject Cure ability on a Marine with the Infest debuff before 15 seconds has passed, the Marine will be safe to play on.
- Instead of items you will upgrade your Zerg to make it stronger. Every 10 upgrades you will Evolve into a stronger form (total of 50 upgrades).
- If you die you lose.

Some info about playing Marine
- Your goal is to build a base with a bunker as a wall protecting you from the Infestor. Build towers to try and kill the Infestor when he tries to break your bunker. You can upgrade the bunker for higher survival and upgrade towers for more damage.
- You can build a Supply Deposit which grants Minerals every second. Can be upgraded to gain more Minerals each second.
- There will be more buildings available.
- The higher upgrades of Bunkers and Towers requires Vespene Gas which can be found around the map, forcing you to move out of your base with your Marine to gather it.
- If you are killed by the Infestor you turn into an Archon which has abilities who will greatly help the remaining Marines. If you get Infested you will help the Infestor to kill the remaining Marines.

If you get infested this map will not work like Troll & Elves where the Wolves start really far behind if they are killed quite late game. Instead, depending on how far you had come with your base when you got infested you will get some power upgrades for free. Then you have to gather more Minerals to upgrade yourself more.

---

Now, I am totally confused with the Data Editor. I am mainly just editing already existing units since I cant create new ones. This works for most things but not for Towers and Bunker upgrades.

So if anyone want to help me with creating these units I would grately appreaciate it. Also if anyone is interested in joining in helping creating this map that would be awesome aswell :)

Thanks in advance

Level 11
Sorry if i posted in the wrong section. Is there already in starcraft aswell? Do you happen to know the name of any of them? I am looking for these kind of maps for sc2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.