• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Marine Shield Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, i was not able to find any other thread related to such problem of which i experience atm.

I am trying to create a custom upgrade to my (duplicated) marine unit.
Although the upgrade (duplicated from: Combat Shield) fucks up a little.
The Upgrade is researchable multiple times and wont go away once researched, whilst all custom marines allready on the battlefield only receives the upgrade stats, but not the upgraded model (Marine Shielded), when all custom marine units created after the research has been researched, are fully functional. :vw_wtf:

all help appreciated. Thanks!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Someone did not make the new marine properly... Links must be missing everywhere.

To stop multiple researching the same technology, you need to use requirements.
To make the marine model change, you need to set up the appropiate actors (like the normal marine uses) to change the model when the upgrade is done.

Level 3
Someone did not make the new marine properly... Links must be missing everywhere.

To stop multiple researching the same technology, you need to use requirements.
To make the marine model change, you need to set up the appropiate actors (like the normal marine uses) to change the model when the upgrade is done.
i took a look at the events of the main actor and came across i simple mistake, where i forgot to change the Sub Name to ''Add'' for Upgrade Event. Although this only reversed it so the units allready in game has the shield model and the units added later in the game has no shield. I have overlooked the events and it all seems to fit.
I would also like to point out that im spawning the marines using an abillity (Calldown MULE), do you think this has any influence?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I got no idea what calldown MULE has anything to do with marines... Unless you mean you are making an ability which works like calldown MULE but for marines, in which case you should look at how the marcanaries are called down in the campaign or how you can call down marines with the one setman technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.