• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shield and Shields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
3 basic questions here that i can't find it anywhere or miss it somehow.

1. How do i give normal units other than protoss a shield? For some reason, i can't name it.

2. How do i create a custom shield (Protoss type of shield)?

3. Marine Shield - How do i give them instantly? I tried removing the Use Marine Shield requirement but it still doesn't work.

Level 2
1. Under the unit in the data editor, there are fields Stats - Shield Maximum, Shield Regeneration Rate and Shield Starting Amount, look into those.

2. Uhm, well, under the Combat stats of your unit there is a field called Shield Armor Name, change that to whatever you like and modify the Shield Armor (it's under stats) and you got yourself a custom shield I suppose?

3. The actual effect of the shield comes from the upgrade, so you would have to create a behaviour that does this yourself (or research the upgrade through a trigger)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are many ways, even triggers could be used as they allow you to adjust hitpoints and shield and energy maximums during game runtime.

For the shield, I would simply change its requirement so that it is always on.
If that fails, I would take a look to see why it might have failed, looking at what the actual research does.

Level 9
I tried a few things. Under requirement > Use Shield Wall, i remove the requirement, and all marines have shield!

Because i only want 1 custom marine to have shield, so i duplicate the Use Shield Wall and remove the requirement as my custom behavior uses the custom Use Shield Wall. But it doesn't work. Are those requirements hardcoded?

Status
Not open for further replies.