• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DC bug at game lobby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I downloaded the undead campaign pack, yet when I tried playing one of the maps with my friend, he joined the game but was immediately kicked. I tried it with every map, we always get the same result. Its not the internet connection because we played a few other maps right after.

I'm not gonna mark this as Confirmed yet, maybe I'm the only one who has that problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Hey Twiz.

1- I just tried all the latest Undead Campaign maps on LAN and didn't face any problem.

2- Were you facing this problem only with The 2 Player Campaign maps?

3- I don't think it's wise that you confirm you're own bugs.

Level 3
Yes, it was only with the 2 Player Campaign Maps. Once I tried another map it worked

I agree, its not ;p

VG1

VG1

Level 2
Yes. And when my friend hosted i got kicked instead.

I have an idea of what the problem might be, i dont know.

First i downloaded UD01 from him. I had not downloaded any other campaigns. It ended up in my download folder.

I then downloaded the full UD and HU campaigns from hive. 2 New folders were created in my download folder. In each folder there was a folder called "maps". Inside were the actual maps, but they could not be seen ingame, only when i checked the folder in windows. So i copied all the human maps from download > 2PHumanCampaign > Maps to download, then they could be seen ingame and then i hosted them. So what im saying is it might be some kind of pathing problem?

TheSpoon

Hosted Project 2PC
Level 21
This is interesting, I'd like to try get it resolved as quickly as possible.
As I plan to do a quick mapwide update to fix another problem, it'd be good if I could get this done aswell.

Twizter, there's something I need you to do with me.
I need you try and work out whats causing this disconnection.

Do this:
- Choose a map, double check your friend is kicked when you try hosting it
- Then double check with another friend
- Delete all the triggers, and host it again. (Tell me if your friend is disconnected)
- Then tell me what you found out!

Level 3
Actually.. we played while we were at his house. We took a cable and connected the PCs. Maybe that could be part of the problem. Still, I'll try it out tomorrow, can't right now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.