• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DBZ - Rise Of The Saiyans

Hello,

Here's the latest version of "Dragonball Z - Rise Of The Saiyans"
Created and Released on: 13/3/2012
Discontinued on: 9/11/2012

For list of updates and changes to the map please read the Updates inside the map on the Info tab.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Change Log for (Beta 0.6d)
- Full change log is in "Information Tag ingame"

Known bugs in this version:
- Gigantic Meteor causes leaks
- The odd occasion Characters are removed (Very rare chance this happens)

Things That don't work:
- Fusion
- Gohans Ooaru

Keywords:
DBZ, Rise Of The Saiyans, Dragonball Z
Contents

DBZ - Rise Of The Saiyans (Map)

Reviews
16:53, 14th Nov 2009 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 1
But you could put the child Gohan and he would go to evolve a good type at level 90 he would become an adult

Level 1
I like this map cant wait for 0.6
Pasaka But you could put the child Gohan and he would go to evolve a good type at level 90 he would become an adult.
Its better like this add Gohan kid model will only take more space

Level 35
Well the baron still exists and have several computers.. but the problem is if he gets the time to use them for anything else except study, as I am getting my engineering candidate soon. so exams and study is taking up waste amount of my time.

But I can give you a small update in regards of the map:

The terrain have been updated and another saga added. Also some adjustments and more transformations to characters will be added after my January exams as I'll get a little free-time in between.

Some spell effects and similar might first happen when Robot gets in contact with our spell creators, as I weren't the one keeping tab on those.

Well that's about it - and I must apologize for the lateness of the answer as I could only first get online in here due to Christmas holiday.

Last edited:
Level 35
Well, I know how hard it is to make a perfectly good map and I can tell you, you can work as long as you want, but make it Perfect. Becourse that's all that matters anyway. :p

I still believe you to make the best DBZ map ever.

Hehe, thanks for the trust. :smile: Some form of update coming soon as Im almost done with the exams (one left).

Level 19
Just noticed i uploaded the wrong version, two seconds let me re-protect and reupload

a big bug, goku solar flare, then he's paused FOREVER also when I press ESC, it levels up, no challenge at all, this need a lot of improvements...

right now Ima rate it 1/5 until fixed...

Also, this map is a pre-release, its just to show people what to expect when i release the full version in a few months, because i cba to make a video.
Plus this way people can play around with the nearly completed characters and give me a full bug report list, so i can make it even better for the proper release.

Last edited:
Level 11
Alright,well I am currently in the middle of playing this new version (good job by the way it is damn awesome) and some people's heros froze,like goku's hero suddenly froze when he hit level 32,at least thats what he said,I think the other villains left because of the same issue.

Edit: Also,you might want to make nail and other key things invulnerable just incase people want to teamkill.

Level 1
Just noticed i uploaded the wrong version, two seconds let me re-protect and reupload

Also, this map is a pre-release, its just to show people what to expect when i release the full version in a few months, because i cba to make a video.
Plus this way people can play around with the nearly completed characters and give me a full bug report list, so i can make it even better for the proper release.

Let me start by saying that this map cannot be reviewed right now. At its current state, the verdict would be Rejected (until updated).

Reasons are as follows :

- Many (if not all) spells create nice , yummy lag (thus, Leaks are surely present)

- Some spells have the same icon, but perform different abilities, or vice-versa.

- "Solar Flare" f*cks your game completely since there's no "-unstuck" or "debug" command to aid you.

- Etc.

...Also, there are other things I'd like to point out. If you will be releasing a full version of this map, for Pete's sake : nerf Babidi's energy count to 100 (from 250). It takes a full hour to bash 250 creeps, even in late game. If that wasn't bad enough, here are some other interesting things you might want to investigate :

- Polar Bears do not count as energy after they are killed. Counter remains at previous stage.

- You can even exceed the number of stored souls (energy) required to revive Buu. This ended up in me killing 1 more creep , scoring 251/250...wow. Quest f*cked right there.

- Unrelated to the Buu saga, Tien's "ShockWave" ability leaves a huge visual error after being performed (a stationary blob, if you will). I spammed it a few times since it had no cool-down and make the map look like a Christmas-tree ornament.

- Attack / Cast animations are horrible. Gohan, Trunks and maybe a few other don't look like complete morons when casting their spells. Some simply stay stationary whilst performing them.

- Props to whoever animated Janemba. Pro work right there.

- (*insert Japanese ability name here*) - The Ki blasts (the rapid fire ones) are horribly off when it comes to cast animation / damage. Half way through the skill, your character keeps casting it, but enemies don't recieve ANY damage.

- Also related to the above skill : some models don't seem to have the required animation to shoot these little f*ckers , so they simply scratch their heads while performing them...cute.

- Last nit-pick about this skill : Piccolo and the few others that actually >move their hands while this skill is performed< need this animation to be sped up quite a bit, to at least give it the illusion that they are individually casted.

There are so many visual (and game-play) problems present , I'll only state the problematic ones. Here we go again :

- Freeza...why ?...Why does Frieza have VEGETA'S HEAD floating on top of his own ?...why ?...

- SSJ, or other "ascending" states look horrible. Not to say they bug or anything, but why would I want yellow / green fog (or whatever that thing is) covering my character's hero model ? It makes no freaking sense! Instead why not add SSJ or what-have-you AURAS ?!...Don't even get me started on poor Broly...

...Actually, some things seem to f*ck up so badly I'm beginning to question the fact they aren't intentional...hmm...either way, these are my thouhts on the current map's state. I wonder if I'll see a reply anytime soon.

Level 19
Since this is an open beta, these reviews is what i wanted, i want to be able to find more bugs which i haven't came across. Since me and my brother have played this to lvl 200, and no bugs happened, well some did but i automatic fixed them and updated the triggers.

Thank you for the the reviews, if you can post them in the same order as above, i'll try my best to make sure all bugs and things are made to improve the gameplay and triggers.

//Edit
Also i stated the only playable characters are:
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Future Trunks

Broly
Cell
Turles

Also i uploaded the wrong version, by mistake. So i have reuploaded the new version so the ones which haven't been completed or started are closed.

Level 1
when i am playing with Cell after 10 minutes of the game, i cant control him:i cant move hi,i cant use abilityies or items......i that bug or what?

Most likely : Yes. The problem is, this map isn't really ready to be hosted on B-net, G-arena, or what-have-you. It's simply a means through which we can test and observe the map's behaviour.

I'd start to nit-pick or give suggestions but I'm not sure anyone would listen.

Level 19
still, a bug happened, solar flare, when I used it I'm paused forever, you should fix this...
also, pls improve your description, add screenshots and credits to the creators of the model, spell, systems, items etc...
I really love DBZ, so dont dissapoint us...

I found out why the Solar Flare was bugged, it was within the trigger section of the spell, it turns out that i forgot to re-enable a few actions sorry about this,

Also i've added credits to the spells, Models, Icons.
Since most of the models are animated by me, and ripped from ESF, and some were done by fantoche, Paradise, etc

when i am playing with Cell after 10 minutes of the game, i cant control him:i cant move hi,i cant use abilityies or items......i that bug or what?

Hmmm, thats strange can you give me a more detailed description what you was doing when this happened ? If you used Solar Flare that would explain why, as explained above.

Please keep giving me feedback as this is an open Beta and i need all the bug reports as i can get so i can improve it for the full release. Janemba will be finished shortly, as Valkemiere is designing his spells for DoN and my Map.

Level 1
I found out why the Solar Flare was bugged, it was within the trigger section of the spell, it turns out that i forgot to re-enable a few actions sorry about this,

Also i've added credits to the spells, Models, Icons.
Since most of the models are animated by me, and ripped from ESF, and some were done by fantoche, Paradise, etc

Hmmm, thats strange can you give me a more detailed description what you was doing when this happened ? If you used Solar Flare that would explain why, as explained above.

Please keep giving me feedback as this is an open Beta and i need all the bug reports as i can get so i can improve it for the full release. Janemba will be finished shortly, as Valkemiere is designing his spells for DoN and my Map.

Glad to hear you and Valk still keep in touch. I smell great success!

Level 5
Found a really serious bug, i was trying Broly, I was current ss, about lvl 110 and i somehow could ascend twice more, so my stats were like 80k, and the next time i tried to push ascend, MY Broly became an npc like character without player number or anything and instead i got the one which is at the to left corner, with turles and trunk and cell
So i got stuck in that little square area...
It would be a good map, and i love dbz, but u need to work a lot on it, as i have read the comments before...

Level 1
still needs to make you description better coz it's so horrible, see this one for more info...
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/restricted-complex-601-2-83-a-148004/

if you have a good description, your map will be more interesting coz people wants to see description first than downloading it...

Okay, my question is : How the hell did you get 365 Rep points ? ...Your English is less than mediocre, you compare other map's descriptions with RoTS' , give no constructive criticism and to make matters worst, you just had to be one of those "Hurrr description sux lol" people that don't even download and / or test the map. What's wrong with you ? :\

...On topic : may I give some suggestions to the RoTS team ?

Level 1
Okay, my question is : How the hell did you get 365 Rep points ? ...Your English is less than mediocre, you compare other map's descriptions with RoTS' , give no constructive criticism and to make matters worst, you just had to be one of those "Hurrr description sux lol" people that don't even download and / or test the map. What's wrong with you ? :\

hey, ive missed ya <.<

Level 29

first, my english is so horrible than the description of this map...
second, I'm a spellmaker & there are nice people here who gives rep if I help them...
third, I'm not comparing this map to that map, I'm just giving a suggestion template on how to make a descent description...

Lastly, the most important, follow the rules...
Maps must have adequate spelling and grammar. Maps must contain a valid author and map name. Maps must contain a proper description of what the map is about.

In order to upload a resource, you must have some part in the creation of the resource. All other authors and sources must be properly cited.

if this map is uploaded these days, it will surely be rejected and I will vote for it...

Level 19
I believe i have credited ingame, however you are correct it does lack description.

and i'll add credits onto this page. When i release the next version.

Please either post your full bug reports on herw or my site. "www.wc3-dbz.co.nr"

- I'll have a look into brolys transformations and see whats cracking off (sounds like i messed up a trigger some where).

Level 1
Ok found a bug on piccolo. When i played his healing ability was supper bugged, it has no cool down and no minimum requirement to use, thus at 1 mana you can instantly restore all health. So unless someone manages to kill you in one hit, you can just spam regeneration and always win.
Also on piccolo if you get the dragonballs and use the secret for piccolo you can use multiform. Its broken as well. Main piccolos power dose not decrease at all. If you fuse the other clones back into the original you get crazy stat boots. a few minuets of that and you can have a ss4 equivalent of piccolo without ever fighting.
On the secret ability wish, you might want to disable if the same person gets the dbs again it looks like there more then one special ability and it just wastes the wish.

Keep up the good work on this map. It could easily be the best one out there.
Though i preferred the character options of your earlier tests that had less used characters. I have yet to see a map to play as Master Roshi on lol.

Level 1
Hi everyone. I am playing the map in single player pre-beta 0.5 I have a serious bug. I play with Turles, and every time I transform to great ape, and turn back to normal my game crashes. :(( Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:
Level 6
Hi:D I love your map and the whole idea about it. The spells are cool and the models, terrain are really awesome!
Tho I found some buggs:)
I played as broly. When I lvled 90 I used legendary super saiyan and spammed the button for like 6 times, and then Broly got teleported to where you have putted some models vegeta ss4/cell transformations/bio Broly, I don't know why I got teleported there, tho I could kill them with my spells. SO I belive that you can if you are in hell use broly's (R) spell and kill all of the guys there.

And I found another bug, when I used my (R) when vegeta/nappa was attacking me, they did just run away in another direction and then after I had made my (R) they came back and killed me.

And one last thing, I think you should set the stats on the red saibamans lower, cause I died 1vs1 with them, and that was after I had made 2 wishes and I was lvl 90.
And I died at lvl one aswell, cause there was like 4 creeps attacking me :)

I found some more things, the first time I played as broly it started to lag after 30 min, tho it didn't with vegeta, I don't know why but may be good for you to know :)
And if you use broly/vegetas ulties on either Raditz/Nappa/Vegata then they will just run away and stop attacking you, but no on the other saga after that (never played Lord slug saga, and I only tested vegeta and broly).

And one last thing. if you transform down from ss2 to ss1 then you will loose almost all of your hp. and you don't need mana to get ss, you wil just get full mana insted.

Thx and great job! Nice map, I want the compleat map right now! :D :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 19
Thank you for the bug report, i've fixed a few if those issues, I'll take a look into the red saibamen, and i'll try and separate some creeps up from starting area's and I'll see what i can do with the Ultimate's a few of them do that issue.

I'm mainly posting the Updates on the FB Page, for the time being.

Level 1
This project got Discontinued back in "Nov 9 2012" However, we're planning on making a come back hopefully within the next 2months. It all depends on if I'm able to obtain a copy of "Dragonball Z - Battle Of Gods" with either Eng Dub or Eng Subs.

I'd much rather obtain the "Eng Subs".

Pretty sure everybody would be ever so grateful! Okay, let's hope for the best.

Level 19
Maybe we should upgrade to starcraft Robot, I know that there already is one out for that at least.

An anime category would be a little overkill in my opinion given the amount of maps, if anything it should be moviebased maps or something similar.

But if we were to move to Starcraft II it would be overkill for me :grin:.

Plus is there any actual anime models for dragonball z on starcraft II ?

Post Screenshots please , To Know how is the map , and gameplay

For me to obtain screenshots off these version i would require to go ingame and take them. As this version lost was in cyberspace, i've only managed to recover the terrain and models. This means i'll have to recreate and improve quite a lot of features to get this playable again.

So it'll be 2months at least till i can provide decent screenshots and ingame footage.