• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dawn over Dalaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
The sun shines down on the glorious City of Dalaran. The dusty air of the Arathor Mountains seems to glow with the mid-morning sunlight as you approach the city of magicians.

Attachments

• DawnoverDalaran.jpg
    DawnoverDalaran.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 3,501
Level 19
ok i found the rocks
some suggestions if i may:
do something with the edge of that sun ray
maybe some moar trees on the right on that cliff in the back of the existing ones

2-P

2-P

Level 8
Always check if the clouds are behind everything else. Fail right there Void. =/

The mountain range looks great. But those rocks look only good as long as you place them far away from the camera, close up you can see the horribly stretched texture.

Pink fog is always cool. :D

Level 36
Looks good. And I see what you needed the rocks (AGAIN) for now.
But there is two things bugging me,
1. Its really too.. ehm, generic, its some hills, trees, and some Dalaranish city in the background.
2. The same type of trees go again and again, I thought you of all should know that you should at least use two different types of trees :p

Else than that its a good terrain.

Level 1
Well, i have to mention, that now, according to WC lore, Dalaran is situated in Northrend, Crystalsong Forest, floating in the sky.:hohum:

Level 8
WC lore got ruined a long time ago. First they give us good orcs and then they give us WoW which fucks up rest of it.

Anyways, its a great terrain. That rock model might just need a better texture. Its really low res now.

Level 19
The sky is awesome! And I like the rocks. It's just.. I think the one shrub placed in the middle on the rocks is ugly. xD But still an amazing screenshot, you're the best! :]

Oh and btw, yesterday I got a smily on MSN that looks excactly like your avatar, lol!

Level 28
Yeah, another Void like shot. Average terrained (as not usual! D:), you should have added more life, shrubs, rocks, and other random stuff that pops up on nature.

Also,

Uhh...... nono, that's WoW lore, not WC lore. Big difference. Because in WoW lore, draenei are magic space goats on crystal meth and in WoW lore Northrend has a jungle. That should say enough :p

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH.

Level 3
its decent, nothing to amazing :/
im not big on fancy camera work and it prolly doesnt look like much from any other angle.

Level 34
Always check if the clouds are behind everything else. Fail right there Void. =/

The mountain range looks great. But those rocks look only good as long as you place them far away from the camera, close up you can see the horribly stretched texture.

Pink fog is always cool. :D
The cloud thing is barely noticeable. Or I'm now a complete noob. Either or.

I agree abut the rocks though. They look fantastic at a distance, and you used them well, but they're far too stretched in the foreground.

Level 18
i like this screenie alot

the background rminds me of WOW.... since in WOW, there weren't really mountains near dalaran... just the valley that lead to it (which is in ur screenie)

the sky looks nice.

the foreground needs soe sort of fog perhaps.... maybe a yelloish pinkish fog...something that brings light...

Good job!! +REP

Status
Not open for further replies.