• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Data Editor Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
K, so I decided to make inventory system, since I need it for my map. First I made a new Item Class, then Conteiner but then I relised that my item classes cannot be used, nor my conteiners.

When I go to conteiner and I add new slot and I have to choose item class for the slot my class dosen't appear. And it should.

Also, I cannot edit alert text and stuff when making custom buttons. I think my data editor is "locked" or something. Only thing I really changed except terrain is map borders and dependencys.

Level 4
Not showing up.

This issue is actually something Ive seen a lot with in the editor, and it stems from the DUPLICATE option being used. Dont use it.

If you use ADD OBJECT and during the new objects creation simply select an item you want to "duplicate" in the Field Values COPY FROM drop down, instead, they show up correctly in other drop downs after you;ve created them.

While this error mostely shows up for items. This is also true for other types of Data that wont show up if you try to duplicate it in the normal way.

Status
Not open for further replies.