• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Shamans

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
"Storm, Earth and Fire - Bend to my will!"

The Elements.
Trained shamans can ask them for help and use them for the good of the clan.
Even in combat, the elements can assist a shaman and give him a power that can easily compete with that of other magicians.
Can.
But they don't always want to comply with a request. Here and there they refuse to help in battle or forever withdraw your permission to address yourself to them.

But not everyone begs for their help.
There are ways to FORCE obedient! Either through the element of decay, some through the power of the void and still others through the cold, negative-energies of the Fel, one can enslave them.
This type of elemental summoning usually brings with it a lot of chaos, but that is a small price to pay for those who have taken the ruthless path of the
Dark Shamans.

Update,08.03.:
As requested I have added a dark shaman of the Felorcs with a wolf skull. I also made the Dark Shaman's black fur new. I hope that the details of the fur do not come across as flat as before, but I have not added any new color or details in the fur.

Update, October 14th: I threw the Fel Orc Shaman without a wolf head out of the range because I didn't like it anymore. The other two models were visually revised by me and technically brought to my current state.

Update, October 15th: Fixed the bug with the Fel Orc totem that slipped into the upper body during some movements (especially good to see in "Spell 2"). Thanks for the hint!
Previews
Contents

Fel Orc_Dark Shaman (Model)

Fel Orc_Dark Shaman - Icon (Icon)

Fel Orc_Dark Shaman - Portrait (Model)

Orc-Dark Shaman_Icon (Icon)

Orc_Dark Shaman (Model)

Orc_Dark Shaman - Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Mr Ogre man
Although I agree that a wolf skull would look sick on the fel orc, these are very useful additions to the game. Maybe the black fur looks a little too plain; perhaps some degradation would improve it (from black to blue or purple if they are shadow...
Level 34
Level 9
The fel orc spear thrower seems to bug on a map I was working on. The green one worked fine but not the fel orc. The issue I was having was the icon was invisible in the barracks until I built the required warmill just like for Troll Headhunter and then it shows up after it is completed. Not sure what's wrong because the paths are put in exactly like they're supposed to be.

Aside from that I actually requested Dark Shaman's awhile back. Make some great Kor'Kron Shaman for the green one and that Fel one definitely looks like it can pull off as Bleeding Hollow Dark Shaman. Awesome work.

Last edited:
Level 15
Last edited:
Level 9
awesome! could be used as Garrosh's Dark Shamans
OMG! you are golden... I wanted this thing to happen so long ago and yes! that's a very good looking and super fitting for a Vrykul faction or we can say Viking faction

If I can give any suggestion, maybe dual claws and black beard would complete his theme with that look :)

Honestly, I am happy with any version you want to add

Almost looks like the Valarjar just without the tattoos. If that was the intention I would think a bear pelt would be fitting rather than wolf. Looks sick though either way.

Level 15
Almost looks like the Valarjar just without the tattoos. If that was the intention I would think a bear pelt would be fitting rather than wolf. Looks sick though either way.

Bear pelt with dual axes and long beard will be so fitting to the berserker elite warrior :D
Wolf pelt with claws would be different styled but both of them are super cool

Level 9
Bear pelt with dual axes and long beard will be so fitting to the berserker elite warrior :D
Wolf pelt with claws would be different styled but both of them are super cool
The bandit melee units can easily be edited to look like Valarjar. Would make a good Northrend map or Stormheim type map. They would make good creeps.

Level 15
The bandit melee units can easily be edited to look like Valarjar. Would make a good Northrend map or Stormheim type map. They would make good creeps.
I am positive that some people will make great models for Vrykul race from the Reforged bandits
I can imagine the main units needed are worker, 3 mages and couple heros, the rest of the units + some northrend animals can complete their faction pretty well

Level 9
I am positive that some people will make great models for Vrykul race from the Reforged bandits
I can imagine the main units needed are worker, 3 mages and couple heros, the rest of the units + some northrend animals can complete their faction pretty well
Vrykul... that's what I meant. However I am not familiar with the entire lore and I'm not sure they were mentioned prior to WoW. WoW lore was good up until BC but it just started going downhill slowly. WOTLK was good but I think it started going down the shit path after that.

Last edited:

I was already doing them: Vrykul | HIVE
I don't have much time, so I'd love if someone took my model and gave it some justice (it's already animated, it'd just need a working FaceFX since the bandit lord doesn't have one for some weird reason, and a lot of geomerging).

Level 21
Would be really handy if you want another spell-caster for the Fel Orcs which they honestly lacked...

Level 9
Oh man, once again Raddazong the Great just one up's himself once more. Superb improvement! These Orc models you got are awesome. Just out of curiosity has it ever crossed your mind to modify the Spirit Lodge to accommadate Warlocks/Dark Shamans etc. Atleast in the WC3 timeline I don't see Temple of the Damned still existent within the Orc's considering those were made by Gronn Skull's and most of the orcs of Azeroth had to adapt to the new world most likely creating their own little Warlock lodges or whatever. Just a thought though. lol

Last edited:
Level 34
Sadly I can't check it in game right now but Fel Orc's back totems are clipping in Spell 2 animations. Is it a real trouble?
Oh f***!
Thank you, I didn't noticed that! 👍

Why is Fel Orc Dark Shaman appearing to be greenish on the icon?
Um ... please what? So with me the orc face is red. Didn't you (maybe) made a mistake and accidentally looked at the icon for the "normal" dark shaman? 😅

Um ... please what? So with me the orc face is red. Didn't you (maybe) made a mistake and accidentally looked at the icon for the "normal" dark shaman? 😅

Look at the icon for Fel Orc Dark Shaman again and compare it to the model, I think it stands out a bit with color scheme.

I made a simple recolor of it as an example, maybe then you'll get what I mean. Compare your version to the Fel Orc Warlock and it's green counterpart, it just doesnt scream like Fel Orc to me unlike the model.

BTNFelOrc_Dark_Shaman1.png
BTNFelOrc_Dark_Shaman2.png

Simple Recolor / Original

BTNChaosWarlock-Reforged.png
BTNChaosWarlockGreen-Reforged.png

Fel / Normal