• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark environment and Lightning system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hello everyone, I'm wondering how could I make a system of lightning just like the one in Diablo II.

It's like all dark and you have a light aura which let's you see better. Monsters are still visible in darkness but not as clear as in the light area.

Mostly my biggest problem is to make the whole environment dark, I just can't figure out on how to do that xD

Also it would be cool to add light radius with items, how can I do that too?

Thanks in advance!

No, u'll need a model attached on their origin, that emits light. You can use this pack: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=hs15g5

There are several models like that, such as blue light, red, yellow, black. Within the pack, there is a texture that can change the current texture of the model to be completely transparent (right now, it's a red pyramid or something). Use War3 Viewer (in our Tools section) to view what texture is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.