• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Light/Dark Setting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Ok ok ok, hello again everyone! I am here again to ask you my questions that needs a nice answer. :ogre_haosis:

So here is my problem :
I want to know how are those Light/Dark effects happen. Like for example, The time is still 1:00AM(In game), the map is still lighted. But after the wolf "howles", the map will darken and only areas with torches/braziers or any other lighted areas will be seen/visible/clear. :grin:

What I mean is, I want to know how to :
>Area/EntireMap darken when it is NIGHT TIME.
>At night time, only lighted areas(Like area with torches)will only be sighted or what I refer is to be clearly seen, so that means other areas are somewhat dark and "foggy". :goblin_yeah:

I wish someone could I answer my question, and ofcourse, rep will never be a problem. :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 31
Use regions. When it is night time, do trigger Visibility - Enable Dark Mask across the region. Leave torch place open from darkening.

If you want it so dark that you could not see a thing when enter the palce where it do not have torches, you can do Environment - set fog start at like 100 and end at 200 with color of black when you leave region which do have torches. Enter region with torches - set fog to normal sight.

Looks like you need
  • Custom script: call SetDayNightModels ("", "")
You can revert it back; the paths are under "Environment\\DNC\\DNCXXX\\DNCXXXTerrain\\DNCXXXTerrain.mdx" most likely. You can use War3 Model Editor or WarCraft III Viewer to find them -each terrain type has its own lighting; if you want to see how they act on the terrain, go to Scenario -> Map Options -> Custom Light Environment-. ;)

Level 6
Ok ok ok, thanks! Wait, is it just me or Pharaoh has been promoted? Last time I saw it as "Resource Moderator". Anyways I'll try them :D

Sir APProject, it really worked thanks! But I got some problems. I do not have the "DarkMask" thingy. Though the Environment trigger did work, even I had torches it still didn't light the area. T_T

Sir Pharaoh, sir can you show me the triggers or make a test map for me, please? I am just a noob/newbie you know :D
Please sir! Thanks in advance. :)

~YEA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.