• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

smooth transition from the night before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Guys have a question, how do colorful transition from day to night? Example: The day is very light, and then closer to 18:00 begins to darken slowly, then darkens and already pitch dark at 00:00 and then again rise brightens the light red .That is, as in real life
And if someone could do such a thing, please do, or explain.

{EDIT}
Can we make the system realistic transition from day to night,? Example bright day, closer to 18:00 and sunset begins to get dark (dark red), then darkens and at 00:00 the pitch darkness, and then brightens, dawn and again day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 20
The color part is easy. To make it gradual it's a bit hard.

You can do it with some Fade Filter and modify it's transparency gradually.

Level 2
You can play with using several DayNight models... That's how I do it on my map... if you want it to be smoother, it might need more DN models, but if you can create a single model which could have the different darkness levels via time frames then you'd only need one (I think that's how Thyrael did it on his map)
I can hardly make such a

Adiktuz said:
If you want a really good example, look up for Thyrael's Darkwind RPG sub-forum, he has a video of his progressive DN lighting...

You can try to ask Thyrael if he can give you the model he used...

As for me, as I can't seem to make the animated DN model work right, I just used several DN models each with a different brightness...

So here's what you need to do, either export that model and edit it and save into several models with different brightness/darkness and import them to your map, then make a trigger which changes the DN model currently used depending on the time of the day...

or

try to learn how to animate that DN model so that you will only need one model, plus no triggers?...

Status
Not open for further replies.