• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage system request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'd like to request a damage system that would be a great innovation for the RPG map community.
-Basic concepts: What I'm looking for is a system that classifies unit types under specific groups, then adjusts the damage done to them by certain spells based on the element of the spell. For example, a unit type in the "Fire R" (for resistant) group would take half damage from spells in the "fire" group. while a unit type in the "Light W" (for weakness) group would take double damage from spells in the "light" group, just like a RPG video game would.
-What this system needs: I'm pretty sure placing unit types into weakness/resistance groups can be done via GUI. I'm not sure if spells can be placed in element groups thorugh GUI alone. I suspect that the actual "set damage to (damage done by spell) +,-,x, or / (integer)" triggers needed to make the system work can only be done through JASS at this time.
-Variables Needed: I think these variables should cover all of the common elements of spells used in RPG maps and games. Fire, Ice, Earth, Wind, Water, Lightning, Light, Dark, and all the "ElementR/W" variables associated with them.
-Thanks for your time, and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.