• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] damage trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Ok i need help with this spell, its a land mine based spell, but at the moment it isnt doing any damage, im not to sure about the triggers

• Fire Trap Copy Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Fire Trap
    • Actions
      • Set Magefrostpoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Magefrostpoint using war3mapImported\NewMassiveEX.mdx
      • Set SpecialFX = (Last created special effect)
      • Set FireTrap_Caster = (Summoning unit)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 500.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Cause FireTrap_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (50.00 x (Real((Level of Fire Trap (new) for FireTrap_Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )

Level 10
the ability is at kleast level 1 or i wont have the icon show up when i learn it :D

I have this now
  • Fire Trap Copy Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Magefrostpoint using war3mapImported\NewMassiveEX.mdx
      • Set Feargroup = (Units within 500.00 of Fear1 matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Fearcaster)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Feargroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause FireTrap_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing (50.00 x (Real((Level of Fire Trap (new) for FireTrap_Caster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Fire
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_Magefrostpoint )
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Feargroup)
still no luck though :(

Level 2
What is
for?
Does'nt this only work when using "Spawns a summoned Unit" Event, as described in de WE?

Level 10
sorry i forgot to mention, i have another trigger that uses that when i summon the "Mine" using the summon golem ability

Level 2
As far as i know:
(Summoning Unit) refers to the Unit that triggered the current Trigger, in this case, "Fire Trap Copy Copy".

Try Messaging out (Game - Display Text Message) "FireTrap_Caster" and see, if it even is the Unit you are awaiting it to be.

Level 10
like this?
  • Fire Trap Copy Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Feargroup = (Units within 500.00 of Fear1 matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Fearcaster)) Equal to True) and ((Unit-type of (Matching unit))
        • Loop - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Test
The aboive doesnt work/show the "test" ,essage, but if i put the test message above the loops section it shows up. SO from this the damage/loop section isnt working? any ideas?

Level 37
Did you read Berzerker's post?

Bad. There's no event that returns summoning unit in this trigger.

• Set Feargroup = (Units within 500.00 of Fear1 matching ...and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Fearcaster)) ...

You should define Fear1 and Fearcaster in this trigger, or find another way tomake sure those point to the correct unit and location.

• Unit - Cause FireTrap_Caster to damage...

This will return 0 since there's no <summoning unit>.

You should post the other trigger(s) too, and explain what you're trying to do.

Level 10
ok i think i am getting closer, but still no damage :(

• Fire Create
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Spawns a summoned unit
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Summoned unit)) Equal to Fire Trap
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Zombie))) Less than or equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Fire_Trap = (Summoned unit)
        • Else - Actions
  • Fire Trap Copy Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Fear1 = (Position of (Dying unit))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Fear1 using war3mapImported\NewMassiveEX.mdx
        • Loop - Actions

why is there a UnitType of Matching unit at the end of the Unit group part?

Level 12
1. Spawns a summoned unit is upon DEATH, like the hydra thing.

2. Summoning unit is DEAD by the time the mine dies, so therefore no damage. Just create a dummy for the owner of the unit that will survive until the mine dies and cause the dummy to damage everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.