• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage Interface Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hey Hiveworkshop :)

I remember seeing a map where the damage of a unit was not shown normally like:

Damage:
10 - 12

but as

Damage:

In the map I'm currently making I got the damage equal (10 - 10) but its still displayed double.
Anyone have an idea how to remove the " - *second number* " in the damage piece of the interface?

Thanks for any response,

drol

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
people shouldn't make real games in world editor, cause it's nearly impossible, not everything can be changed/removed. Either start learning real things (C++, Pascal, Basic...) to make a real game, or make a normal map, with 10-10 damage...

Level 3
In that map you saw that should be something like he have removed some parts of interface to not show that last number. but normally as long as I know thats not possible to remove second number without working with interface options / triggers or something.

Level 28
Triggers can't change the interface in such a way.

The only thing I can think of is to remove damage completely from all units and use their armor as damage (interface-wise).
Since armor only has 1 value and you can easily change the interface to make it look like damage, the previous step shouldn't be difficult at all.
The hard part is that you need to make an entirely custom damage system (since no unit has an actual attack, literally everything - including auto-attack - must be triggered).
Too much work for such a trivial thing imo.

You can also use hero attributes for things like Damage and Armor.

There might be something I'm missing, but I've never seen it before and never tried to do it either (wouldn't know why).

Status
Not open for further replies.