• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell Damage = Attack Damage Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
anyone can tell me how to make ability, which the damage of the spell equal to damage hero, like Ember Spirit (DoTa), second spell....

I want the hero move on the straight line, damaging everything in this path, but the damage equal to attack damage of heroes...

How i do it????

Level 33
You will have to use a DDS (Damage Detection System), and when you deal damage store it and then trigger the spell to use the stored damage (Through a variable used in the system).
The downside to this, if the unit doesn't hit any unit yet, and cast the spell, it deals 0 damage - but I bet this would be unlikely to happen, no ?
Because a unit MUST have hit any unit, once, before casting any spells to engage other powerful enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.