• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage + Heal Trigger Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi all
i have a problem with one of my triggers.

The plan: I want create a spell that heals frindly Targets and deals damage to enemy Targets. So i created this Trigger here:
  • - Holy Paladin 5
    • Events:
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions:
    • Actions:
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to - Holy Paladin 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Set PALA_Caster = (Casting unit)
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of (Position of PALA_Caster) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to Neutral Hostile)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Cause PALA_Caster to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of PALA_Caster (Include bonuses)))) x 3.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
          • Wait 0.01 seconds
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of (Position of PALA_Caster) matching ((Owner of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Local player))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Real((Intelligence of PALA_Caster (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
So now i have try this ingame but the enemies dont get damage and my frindly targets dont get any heal :sad:

Maybe someone know, what i do wrong or i can do better that this trigger works.

Level 10
The entire trigger doesnt make any sense, why do you have that wait and why assign the Caster to a variable instead of just saying Triggering Unit, why use Picked unit when matchin units, where the actual command is Matching Unit and there is no such thing as local player in gui and why are u checking for enemy units to be neutral passive, it will only target creeps then.

OMG THIS IS MY 100TH POST!

Level 4
I dont understand why you say the trigger doesn't make any sense...

The wait... sry but i dont think thats the problem now, but when u wanna i will remove it

I create a variable for the caster, because the caster have more then one spell and there are much more caster than this one and when i use "Triggering Unit" I! think maybe when more Units use a spell nearly same time, one doesn't work because there's not only ONE triggering Unit

And i know that "Neutral Hostile" are creeps
And i dont understand what you mean with the "Local Player" sry

Level 3
ill make the spell for u, just tell me 1 thing, wat kind of spell is the actual spell? is it a no target Aoe? eg thunder clap?

either that or u could just use the Blizzard spell 'Death Coil' In Object Editor>Ability Editor>Undead>Heroes> Death Coil.

but ud have to make the basically every unit that will ever be effected by the spell in the map, go to their data and use Unit Classification-TICK UNDEAD

gl with ur spell

Last edited:
Level 8
Ok I have your trigger its work. I have do a little change and I the the problem was the wait, you can add some condition like only undead...
  • Protector
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Heal/damage
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 600.00 of (Position of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to TRUE
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 3.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
            • Si - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Casting unit))) Equal to FALSE
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + ((Real((Intelligence of (Casting unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 2.00))
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing
(Scuse me if there are some mistake in trigger, hard to change french to english).

Status
Not open for further replies.