• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] damage detect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hi guys i want to make a spell like dota 2 monkey king that here is a tooltip.
Boundless Strike
Monkey King enlarges his staff and slams it against the ground, stunning enemies in a line and damaging them with a critical hit based on his attack. Has True Strike.

mana.png
MANA COST: 100
cooldown.png
COOLDOWN: 25

ABILITY: POINT TARGET
AFFECTS: ENEMY UNITS
DAMAGE TYPE: PHYSICAL
STUN DURATION: 0.5 / 1 / 1.5 / 2

i have dds system on my map but haven't any idea for detect before delt.
can someone help me

Looking at how the ability works, I reckon it is a(n) passive active ability that fires with a cooldown, like Geminate attack (Weaver). You could block the damage first for detection of the damage instance, then proceeding with the attack, multiplying the original damage by the Critical Percentage by which you have specified. By this, you want to damage all enemy units within the lane, which gives you this option; using a GroupEnum function starting with the coordinates of the target location plus a small amount of distance, enumerating every enemy unit within range, damaging them then proceeding to the next set of coordinates, filtering out those who were damaged.

In short:
MK (Monkey King) procs the ability, damaging the target but not really, enum function moves in a line to the target, finally damaging the target.

EDIT:
This ability looks OP.

Last edited:
This is a active Skill.

The Tooltip of Valve is pretty confusing in my opinion.
I would use the System Line Segment to gain the Units in a Line, pretty easy to use.
Now you only need your ATK-Damage and a Stun Spell/System.
Loop through the LSE-Group:
  • for each Unit Check your Filters -> deal 2*ATK and Stun it
Edit: Removed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.