1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Daily Wisdom

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rufus, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Never say no twice if you mean it" - Nassim Nicholas Taleb

"The paradise of the rich is made out of the hell of the poor" - Victor Hugo

"Nothing shows a man’s character more than what he laughs at" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Being good is easy, what is difficult is being just" - Victor Hugo

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  3. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''If you judge people, you have no time to love them'' - Mother Teresa

''Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed'' - Mahatma Gandhi

''The biggest challenge after success is shutting up about it'' - Chriss Jami

''A bad day for your ego is a great day for your soul'' - Jillian Michaels

4. San

San

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''If you’re too open-minded; your brains will fall out'' - Lawrence Ferlinghetti

''Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight'' - Phyllis Diller

''A boss on vacation is the most cost effective measure. Everybody in the office has a vacation at the cost of one'' - Thibaut

''The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form'' - Stanley Randall

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  8. Lord Esdin

Lord Esdin

Resources:
    Resources:
  9. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''If you have enemies, good that means you stood up for something'' - Eminem

''Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it''' - George Bernard Shaw

''How you carry yourself reflects what you think of yourself'' - Robert Greene

''To be upset over what you don’t have is to waste what you do have'' - Ken Keyes Jr.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  11. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Whatever we expect with confidence becomes our own self-fulfilling prophecy" - Brian Tracy

"When you do not seek or need approval, you are at your most powerful" - Caroline Myss

"Confidence turns into pride only when you are in denial of your mistakes" - Criss Jami

"The less you talk the more people think about your words" - Author unknown

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

"“What is talkativeness? It is the result of doing away with the vital distinction between talking and keeping silent. Only some one who knows how to remain essentially silent can really talk--and act essentially. Silence is the essence of inwardness, of the inner life. Mere gossip anticipates real talk, and to express what is still in thought weakens action by forestalling it. But some one who can really talk, because he knows how to remain silent, will not talk about a variety of things but about one thing only, and he will know when to talk and when to remain silent. Where mere scope is concerned, talkativeness wins the day, it jabbers on incessantly about everything and nothing...In a passionate age great events (for they correspond to each other) give people something to talk about. And when the event is over, and silence follows, there is still something to remember and to think about while one remains silent. But talkativeness is afraid of the silence which reveals its emptiness.”"
    ----
    “The same thing happened to me that, according to legend, happened to Parmeniscus, who in the Trophonean cave lost the ability to laugh but acquired it again on the island of Delos upon seeing a shapeless block that was said to be the image of the goddess Leto. When I was very young, I forgot in the Trophonean cave how to laugh; when I became an adult, when I opened my eyes and saw actuality, then I started to laugh and have never stopped laughing since that time. I saw that the meaning of life was to make a living, its goal to be- come a councilor, that the rich delight oflove was to acquire a well-to-do girl, that the blessedness of friendship was to help each other in financial difficulties, that wisdom was whatever the majority assumed it to be, that enthusiasm was to give a speech, that courage was to risk being fined ten dollars, that cordiality was to say "May it do you good" after a meal, that piety was to go to communion once a year. This I saw, and I laughed.”

~Søren Aabye Kierkegaard.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  14. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''There is no conversation more boring than the one where everybody agrees'' - Michel de Montaigne

''Don’t just follow people because you agree with what they think. Follow them because you’re intrigued by how they think – and how they make you think'' - Adam Grant

''If you want to win once, focus on the outcome. If you want to win often, focus on the process'' - Shane Parrish

''Education is what someone tells you to do. Learning is what you do for yourself'' - Thibaut

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

“Your own tactic is to train yourself in the art of becoming enigmatic to everybody. My young friend, suppose there was no one who troubld himself to guess your riddle--what joy, then, would you have in it?”

[​IMG]

16. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Not being heard is no reason for silence" - Victor Hugo

"Solitude is fine, but you need someone to tell you that solitude is fine" - Honoré de Balzac

"It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to has power over you" - Leon Brown

"Pleasure is found first in anticipation, later in memory" - Gustave Flaubert

17. Nowow

Nowow

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    When this thread first started, Deepstarsz was still posting quotes of Adolf Hitler and Arthur Schopenhauer. It's nice to see how far we got along that he finished all quotes from A to S. Waiting on you to finish the alphabet.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually it was random ones and then Albert Einstein ;)

Howling Hour: Inside The European Werewolf Trials – CVLT Nation

19. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    "It’s better to be an optimist who is sometimes wrong than a pessimist who is always right" - Mark Twain

"One day or day one. You decide" - Author unknown

"When the winds of change blow, some people build walls and others build windmills" - Chinese Proverb

"Rushing into action, you fail. Trying to grasp things, you lose them. Forcing a project to completion, you ruin what was almost ripe" - Lao Tzu

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    “A strange thing happened to me in my dream. I was rapt into the Seventh Heaven. There sat all the gods assembled. As a special dispensation I was granted the favor to have one wish. "Do you wish for youth," said Mercury, "or for beauty, or power, or a long life; or do you wish for the most beautiful woman, or any other of the many fine things we have in our treasure trove? Choose, but only one thing!" For a moment I was at a loss. Then I addressed the gods in this wise: "Most honorable contemporaries, I choose one thing — that I may always have the laughs on my side." Not one god made answer, but all began to laugh. From this I concluded that my wish had been granted and thought that the gods knew how to express themselves with good taste: for it would surely have been inappropriate to answer gravely: your wish has been granted.”

[​IMG] [​IMG]