• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dael'Barun the Guardian

An model from an old project. Scraped it long time ago and never posted it to the Map Development. I polished the model up a bit, so I could upload it here.

161899-albums2704-picture47245.jpg

161899-albums2704-picture47246.jpg

161899-albums2704-picture47247.jpg

Have fun :)

Update: Removed the child. I tried it with an attachment point, but it looked liked shit. Believe me. Anywayz, I didn't give him a weapon, because I though, it would best, if you can choose his weapon per attachments. So everyone can choose the weapon he likes most :) I also fixed the thing with the death animation :)

Big Update: Added epic weapon, crystals everywhere, more armor and edited portrait :)

Keywords:
Night, Saber, Guardian, Dael'Barum, Nightsaber, Nightelf, Kid, Saviour, World, Tree, Worldtree, Elf, Tiger, Panther, Priestess of the Moon, Priestess,
Contents

Dael'Barun the Guardian (Model)

Dael'Barun the Guardian (Model)

Reviews
10th August 2010: I approve this here, because it is well done and has a good idea behind, but I really recommend you make a col looking weapon to it if you want to have an increased rating.

M

10th August 2010:
I approve this here, because it is well done and has a good idea behind, but I really recommend you make a col looking weapon to it if you want to have an increased rating.

Level 8
meh, sort of creeps me out, and i agree with Oziris, the child gives it an odd feeling, if this was to be used in a 'melee' map it would creep my out to see flying children coming at me.

Level 51
Thanks guys.

For the child: Jeah, it's actually there because, "Dael'barun" (he is the Guadian btw :p) should save it. And then he should ride with the kid on the back through the flames, when the demons attacked the world tree and he should box away all demons with his fists lol :D

I know, funky, but that was a long time ago :)

anyway, at first, he had a weapon, but it looked akward, so I removed it again. But since it looked a bit akward with teh kid, and you don't like the kid, and the project isn't running anyway, I'll fix this points :p

Level 51
Ok guys, thanks for the Comments :D

so, since some of you want to remove the kid, and some not, I'll remove it, add a attachment point, and add "kid" attachment in the pastepin to the post. will do that later/tomorrow though :)
oh, jeah, will also fix that with the death anim, thanks HappyCockroach :)
oh, and also thanks again, HappyCockroach, because your SonofAnubis model inspired me to do this ;)

Level 10
man, im really dissapointed you got rid of child, please implement him back in, that was such a majestic beautiful idea for a hero, very inspiring! if you wanted i could do a custom skin and help you model the child? i really do love this idea, send me a pm if any of that interests you, im a fan, fan.

Level 3
It reminds me of the Destroyer from the Undead race, however, your model has great quality for both of texturing and terrainning, but lacks some animations because it's a real loss to watch this model lacking some of its essence.