• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

D I A B L O I I I [Recruiting]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
recruiting.png

As some of you may be aware, im currently in the middle of a Diablo III project. Its a map based on the gameplay trailers featured on the official diablo III website.

Why make this map? Its simple :) Im doing it for fun. for the makers, and the players!

The map itself is well under way and can be found here in its fully playable beta version:

Diablo III Beta v1.05 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

I am currently looking for the following people:

[Taken] Triggerer: What can I say? Ive made a complete mess of some of the triggers :) And I want a professional to go through the map, and tidy things up a bit. You will also be coding brand new stuff, such as epic boss fights ;)

[Taken] Spell Creator: I need someone to create the various spells listed on the official Diablo III Website :) Ive tried to myself, but my triggering skills are rather limited as I do not know Jass.

Ive also included some screenshots if your still not convinced after reading this :)

53.png

55.png

52.png

57.png

58.png

60.png

62.png

66.png

67.png

68.png

70.png

72.png

74.png

76.png

77.png

79.png

80.png

81.png
49.png

Whats going to happen after this map? I am strongly considering turning it into a multiple map game, where players can load their heroes on any map/level.

Once blizzard releases some more information about new areas, we can begin creating new levels such as the one being made here :)

Its only an idea, but it might be fun to try ;)

I'll probably attempt to get this hosted with the Hive, but first, I need a team!

Still want to know more? Then leave a message on this post, or PM me :)

Last edited:
Level 9
It's limited how much Blizzard will show us, I belive it would be better to create one big map, it usually work better.

Look at "Dark Invasion II" one map is more than enough there (Great map btw.)

Atm, the terrain is incredible, and I hope you keep doing that yourself. For triggers, I would love to help a little out, but I'm not sure what you are looking for :confused:
You wrote that you are looking for a proffetional, and that is not what I would call me, myself, but I guess I could improve some of your triggers and create the most common stuff. Are the current triggers in GUI or Jass?

I can't open the map on this pc, so that's why I ask :xxd:

Level 30
At the moment, all the triggers are 100% GUI because I just dont have a clue when it comes to Jass :) I dont particulaly need someone who's amazing, Ide rather have someone whos just commited lol :) The triggers ive done are very long winded, and I'm sure there are better ways to do them.

As for the single map, the only problem with that is that I will have to decrease the terrain quality significantly if I add any more to the current map :S too many doodads = major lag in game :)

Its only an idea though, I may just decide to stop after this map is 100% completed :D but then again, I might not ;)

Level 9
At the moment, all the triggers are 100% GUI because I just dont have a clue when it comes to Jass :) I dont particulaly need someone who's amazing, Ide rather have someone whos just commited lol :) The triggers ive done are very long winded, and I'm sure there are better ways to do them.

As for the single map, the only problem with that is that I will have to decrease the terrain quality significantly if I add any more to the current map :S too many doodads = major lag in game :)

Its only an idea though, I may just decide to stop after this map is 100% completed :D but then again, I might not ;)

Good Point :grin:

@Hawk900: As what? Triggering?

Anyway, just give me a task (creating an abillitie or something) for the map.
If you like the result, I can do some more :smile:

Level 30
Good Point :grin:

@Hawk900: As what? Triggering?

Anyway, just give me a task (creating an abillitie or something) for the map.
If you like the result, I can do some more :smile:

lol, awesome :) Well, if your really that interested, click this link:

Diablo III - Barbarian

About half way down the page you will see a flash menu with the barbarian skills :D Might as well start with something challenging lol, so why not try to create the Seismic Slam?

I want the skills to be as similar to the real deal as possible. So its going to need to include some knockback, a nice blueish shockwave animation, and the occasional ThunderClap animation as various intervals as it travels xD

I was thinking we could use this as a starting point, and maybe change the missile effect to a blue shockwave or something along with those thunderclaps :)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells.php?id=j2lwop

Well, I'm liking the looks of this project.

You can count me in.

Sounds awesome to me! Let me know exactly what you'de like to do, and ill see to it :D

i can be in!I am good at creating terrain with doodads like:villages,camp,creep camp e.t.c. if u want me in just leave me a pm

Im afraid all the terrain is going to be done by myself :) Otherwise I'll be out of a job! lol :)

Just to let everyone know, I'm not starting this right away, I want to assemble the entire team before continuing, otherwise its gonna get messy xD

Level 3
I hope you get some good member's, if you need any sort of spell checking I'm a Grammar Nazi. *Swift eyes to right then left.* Stop looking at me like that.
Stuff like Capitalization, Punctuation, and Spelling, because I noticed you lacked some when I was playing the game.

Level 30
I'm mainly interested in making the spells.

lol, awesome :D Theres no reason why we cant have several people making spells for the map :)

Before I make anyone permanent though, im going to need to see what you can do :) If you go to Diablo III - Character Classes you can see the spells for each class. Try making one you think will show of your spell making abilities ;)

Level 21
Damn... I thought "meh, as if diablo could look good in warcraft", but it actually does :p

Thumbs up for the terrain :)

A question though: are you using no day/night models or are you simply forcing the time to be midnight when inside a dungeon to make it dark? Maybe you should consider using no day/night models and placing your lightsources yourself. You could create some very "colourful" but dark ambient lights, like seen in this screenshot of D3

Level 30
Hmpf, just in case you want to acuse me of stealing spell ideas, I already did a seismic slam for me, which I guess looks like your imagination. Without shockwave but rather multiple thunder clap effects! I might post a screenshot >_<

oooh right :D lol

I only just decided to make this a larger project :p But if your stuffs good ( and I reckon it will be ;) ) I'll use some of your spells in the final map :D Thats only if your interested though :) They're your spells after all :D

Damn... I thought "meh, as if diablo could look good in warcraft", but it actually does :p

Thumbs up for the terrain :)

A question though: are you using no day/night models or are you simply forcing the time to be midnight when inside a dungeon to make it dark? Maybe you should consider using no day/night models and placing your lightsources yourself. You could create some very "colourful" but dark ambient lights, like seen in this screenshot of D3

Funny you should say that cus thats exactly what ive done :) lol

Currently the time is set to midnight, and ive attatched a light glow to the heroes for the outdoor area, and Ive used multiple coloured lighting for indoors :D like the blue, red, green and purple tints :) I've also created a Modulatedx2 filter to give the map that darker feel". I guess what im really lacking is those wall torches :O lol

Level 8
Well first of all I wanted to do some spells for you... but it would take a lot effort to put my current spells into your map by now... and I dunno if you were able to do that correctly and understand everything, since it's in JASS. Though someone could help there... but it took me forever to implant the firebomb because my PC is shit-slow (getting a new one in some months).

Apart from that many Ideas grew on my mind since I decided to make my own D3 map, and I would like to try em out^^, and right now all I got are my spells, which I wouldn't like to release to public yet.
Someday I'll make a spellpack though.

Level 24
Grrr. I have far too many projects going on at once. So, don't count me as an official member yet, although I'll try to donate some of my ubar valuable time. :p

Anyhow, I found the dark was far too dark when playing it. I could not see a damn thing, such as creeps, terrain or the way out.

Level 12
I would like to join. As a GUI Trigger Person
I have fairly good gui skills but I don't have any jass skills. I also understand when its required to use some jass when you write GUI code. I am not great with custom spells, But that's more for jass anyway. I am Fairly skilled at creating systems needed. The best example of my work would be the roller coaster project.

My GUI Skills have come fast. because i know a bit of c# and c++. I have worked on warcraft maps for just over a year.

I have never worked with a group on a map before. (Besides icons or models i had help from others from)
Working in a group is a skill i would like to learn.

Also I have a good interest in this project and playing this project. i have played both of the games from blizzard and enjoyed them.

Examples of my work.
Roller Coaster (Current Project) (Core 90% Done, Game modes 0%)
Tetris (A Fairly Complete Project, I have been told they could add to data base. But I still plan on doing some more work on it some day before it goes in)
Battle Trains! (In Abandon project. The project was overwhelming to me at the time. One of my first projects)

Level 30
I would like to join. As a GUI Trigger Person
I have fairly good gui skills but I don't have any jass skills. I also understand when its required to use some jass when you write GUI code. I am not great with custom spells, But that's more for jass anyway. I am Fairly skilled at creating systems needed. The best example of my work would be the roller coaster project.

My GUI Skills have come fast. because i know a bit of c# and c++. I have worked on warcraft maps for just over a year.

I have never worked with a group on a map before. (Besides icons or models i had help from others from)
Working in a group is a skill i would like to learn.

Also I have a good interest in this project and playing this project. i have played both of the games from blizzard and enjoyed them.

Examples of my work.
Roller Coaster (Current Project) (Core 90% Done, Game modes 0%)
Tetris (A Fairly Complete Project, I have been told they could add to data base. But I still plan on doing some more work on it some day before it goes in)
Battle Trains! (In Abandon project. The project was overwhelming to me at the time. One of my first projects)

Ive seen your stuff before :D and ive got to say, its really quite good ;)

Welcome aboard! I'll PM you when we're ready to start taking this map to the next level :D

Level 17
I would like to join, as a GUI triggerer, balancing and stuff like that.
I think im pretty good at GUI, ive made stuff like GuitarCraft, SvS (far away from done), Diablo 2 Act 1 ORPG (will never be done, since i deleted it) and some other stuff that only was released in beta.

I understand if you dont want me to join, since i dont have so much stuff to prove that im good at what im doing and well, there is many people that is better then me i guess.
this project is awesome and i will follow it as it grows. ^_^

Level 30
I would like to join, as a GUI triggerer, balancing and stuff like that.
I think im pretty good at GUI, ive made stuff like GuitarCraft, SvS (far away from done), Diablo 2 Act 1 ORPG (will never be done, since i deleted it) and some other stuff that only was released in beta.

I understand if you dont want me to join, since i dont have so much stuff to prove that im good at what im doing and well, there is many people that is better then me i guess.
this project is awesome and i will follow it as it grows. ^_^

lol, tbh, you've helped out from the begining and deserve a place :D lol

I can join if you need a Iconer, texturer, skinner, gui'er, terraineer or somthing else.
Even tester.

Im afraid ive already got 2 people doing it now :D

However! I'm still looking for someone to make some spells for me :) If you think your up to it, let me know :D

Level 17
I have a suggestion, import this inventory full screen into your map, i mean it's only 200kb and you can reskin it and make diablo like, and ofc credit the creator.
Fullscreen Inventory 2 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

Post that in the map comments, this thread is not for ideas ( i think ).
And there is better systems to be honest. One day we maybe will add a inventory system so you equip like Chest, Helmet, Boots and such. But thats CloudWolfs Chooise.

Level 10
Hey cloud. I kno im late about asking But i could help you in triggering. I can do Full GUI eGUI and somewhat of jass like the basic. I'm currently learning how to decode how to work every part of it. I can also create all of barbs spells with ease cuz they seem simple enough...... Just have a lava doodad that spawns and change the color of yellow for the slam. Then after a while have it expire. Just wondering are you gonna have sound effect for the spells or no?

Level 11
Well

I would do some good storyline stuff, and events, but i haven't played diablo 2 & 1 that much :/
But i am really intrested on third one.

To the map, Terrain is like 5/5
Models are good takes. They fit well.

The main problem is that some places are prety tight, you usually block your friend and they get killed. So the gameplay is bit stiff thats why this isn't perfect map instead Imperfect, but dont get me wrong this is awesome map.

Maybe the map would be more diablo like if you fasten it up. Increase MS, AS, Hit/mana point regenations. Also reduce cooldowns. this is just suggestion good luck to your map really.

Level 17
Maybe the map would be more diablo like if you fasten it up. Increase MS, AS, Hit/mana point regenations. Also reduce cooldowns. this is just suggestion good luck to your map really.

This map is just the beggining of everything, and well, it doesnt go so fast at the beggining. ;) But Diablo is kinda unique becouse whit like paladin in diablo 2 for an example, you need to spam as fast as possible on your abilitys, thats all. Now its cooldowns. Maybe make spells weaker and reduce cooldown.

Level 30
I already told you that I would love to make some spells for you, just look at my spell and system collection in the spell section, that will qualify me I am sure.

heey again :D If your still up for it, your hired :)

As it stands ive got 3 people (including you) doing the spells. Which is a good number as there are 3 heroes ;) So basically, you will be in charge of spell making for one of them :D

I'm in the middle of making a detailed spell list, so I'll send you the stuff that needs doing when its finished :)

Im also currently waiting for the Hive to respond to my hosting request, which if accepted, will give us our own forum and thats gonna make the project much easier to coordinate :D

I'll keep you posted though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.