• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom unit soundset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yeah... I couldn't find it anywhere else so...
Is there an efficient way to create custom sound sets for custom units? Because the "replace internal sound" function in the sound manager doesn't work and even if it did I don't want to to replace in-game sounds because I would wind up with duplicate imports (different "pissed" or "what" sounds for which I don't have a wav file).

If there is an existing thread about this elsewhere I'm sorry I overlooked it.
Thanks.

Level 4
...and even if it did I don't want to to replace in-game sounds because I would wind up with duplicate imports (different "pissed" or "what" sounds for which I don't have a wav file)

You see Need_O2, I was hoping for an answer and not a question... Plus your question has been answered already, read the quote.

Let me explain: I currently have one single sound file for each type of sound ("what", "yes", "yes attack", "pissed"...) so I would have to replace every "what" and "yes" by the same sound file and I'd end up having the same file imported 5 times (just using a different name and path)... Not very efficient you see.

So IS there a(nother) way to do it right?
Thanks

Level 2
Well, just find a sound set that has 1 What, 1 Yes, 1 Yes Attack and 1 Pissed sound. I believe some creeps would have such.

Speaking of which I am looking for a particular unit that has 3 Pissed, 1 Ready, 2 What, and 3 Yes sounds. Any ideas?

If there is no such unit would it be at all possible to make one? Because I have a working unit but no custom sound set for it. Which I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.