• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom terrain..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Disable Blight texture.. Help

I dont want to insert war3map.wpm inside map.. but i want map to overwrite its wpm file with my edited war3map.wpm file from local warcraft 3 directory..
Can anyone help me.. Make a jassscript or .mix file which can replace war3map.wpm inside dota map.
60uPQBN.jpg

here i inserted my war3map.wpm inside a dota map. but in real i dont want to insert inside map. if i insert inside map the map gets dsync.. :(
j1psoyu.jpg

Someone plese create a .mix file for me to replace war3map.wpm file without dsync the map..

Here are the samples of terrain were blight is the main problem, i have applied custom.w3e as local files in image left and in image right i had applied my custom war3map.wpm inside the map and war3map.w3e as local files .. here are the results
In left image, blight covers the entire area were i edited in my custom.w3e
but when i apply wpm file the entire edited area becomes clear out of blight layout in right image..
SAMPLE1.jpg

But the major problem is if i insert war3map.wmp inside map it dsync the map. so is there a way we could use war3map.wmp as local file to clear the blight. pls Suggest me...

Last edited:
Level 2
yes i just want it as classic dota with dota 2 terrain ...

I just want to remove Blight . war3map.wpm has blight containts inside it.
Let me explain.
Dota map uses War3map.wpm in-built in map.
I have edited dota map terrain layouts and i made my Custom (war3map.wpm) file. now if i replace it with Orginal war3map.wpm file inside any dota map the map becomes dsync with network or online play. but i would like to use my war3map.wpm file as local file which can replace Orginal war3map.wpm inside map at runtime using a .mix / mixtape file...

Here is the edited Map with Original war3map.wpm and my Edited War3map.wpm
SAMPLE2.jpg

In Orignal War3map.wpm the blight covers the entired Terrain area i edited..
In both map i have used my Custom (war3map.w3e)file
War3map.w3e is to arrange tiles in order. I am using War3map.w3e map as local file with .mix file which replaces orginal w3e file inside map at runtime. but w3e files cannot clear blight paths. it needs custom.wpm file to clear blight paths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 26
Blight has some gameplay mechanics. So even if you fool wc3 it was the same map, or I do not know how your runtime injection works, if the map makes use of blight mechanics, it will still alter the game state.

Afaik the wpm contains the gameplay pathing and the w3e where blight is painted on map init (which may require the pathing though). The question is also if the buildings there spread new blight ingame. Undead buildings normally possess that ability.

Level 2
Blight has some gameplay mechanics. So even if you fool wc3 it was the same map, or I do not know how your runtime injection works, if the map makes use of blight mechanics, it will still alter the game state.

Afaik the wpm contains the gameplay pathing and the w3e where blight is painted on map init (which may require the pathing though). The question is also if the buildings there spread new blight ingame. Undead buildings normally possess that ability.

So, wat can be done now Sir? is there any way? i want my terrain to look clean as u see in right image..

Level 2
im assuming you want to use these textures only for yourself if yes why not enable local files and put these textures in your wc3 folder
No its not for myself its for WARDOTA 2 MOD. for dota which can be played online dota transformed to dota 2.
i need script to make enable the wpm file. just enabling textures by local will not help me

Level 2
oh well you should try to find an unprotected version of dota then, because you need to apply the textures with a brush they look kinda weird just being replaced
I did everthing i could do.. i have done it using unprotected map..
now the ultimate solution for it is to have .mix file which can replace wpm file inside map on runtime..

Level 26
If you edit the map, you can obviously change everything but then everyone has to play that map version. I want to repeat that blight possesses gameplay features that have to be kept in sync. Removing it on single clients is similar as if you were placing a unit on the map that is there for some players but is missing for others. The desync will occur at the latest when the unit is being interacted with.

Level 2
If you edit the map, you can obviously change everything but then everyone has to play that map version. I want to repeat that blight possesses gameplay features that have to be kept in sync. Removing it on single clients is similar as if you were placing a unit on the map that is there for some players but is missing for others. The desync will occur at the latest when the unit is being interacted with.
So now nothing can be done sir? i just need war3map.wpm injector

Level 2
Finally i managed to make a sync war3map.wpm file
now the problem is with custom terrain codes.
1.it do not replace the terrain in some parts of the maps.
2. Everytime the map loads the terrain layout keeps changes randomly
3. huge changes in terrain when i play online
4.If i put w3e inside map everything works fine but map dsync.

Can anyone please fix it for me? I have provided u my files below..
I dont know jassscripting. i think u have to edit Custom-w3e-Injector.mix file.

here is the screen
Untitled_3.jpg

Online screenshot
Untitled_1.jpg

Files:http://www.mediafire.com/download/j9pew7mcnnqcm1u/solution.7z

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What the hell is a .mix file?!

I do not even understand why you need such a third party program...
1. Import the new .w3e and .wpm files into the map.
2. Rename the map.
3. Get everyone to download the new map.
4. It should work without desyncrhonization?

I think Blight has some randomness to it so blighted areas may not remain the same from session to session.

Level 2

2. Rename the map.

I think Blight has some randomness to it so blighted areas may not remain the same from session to session.
thanks a lot sir i dont want everyone to download the map. i just want them to download the patch. let the map remain the same..

Level 25

2. Rename the map.

He can't do that on the dota maps as they are protected. More or less, he wants the dota game with updated graphics but still the same gameplay.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Which is not possible without causing the game to desynchronize unless everyone changes the graphics. In which case you could just create a new version of the map and let them download it since that would be a lot more convenient than having to leave WC3 to download some patch which may or may not be a virus (We know it is not, just not all players might).

As an example, even changing the height of a single terrain node by the smallest amount will cause abilities which use terrain Z to desynchronize unless all players also have that change.

Level 2
Which is not possible without causing the game to desynchronize unless everyone changes the graphics. In which case you could just create a new version of the map and let them download it since that would be a lot more convenient than having to leave WC3 to download some patch which may or may not be a virus (We know it is not, just not all players might).

As an example, even changing the height of a single terrain node by the smallest amount will cause abilities which use terrain Z to desynchronize unless all players also have that change.
Sir,i have linked my files can u pls make the .mix code to work and replace the blight and cliff texture.. as now its only replaceing some part of terrain. inside it in dota folder u have the source codes but i dont know how to convert it to executable .mix file

Status
Not open for further replies.