• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Targeting UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
This week I started on a RPG type map with a lot of unique abilities.
The point is that I am used to very good UI and see that Warcraft 3 abilities only have very limited targeting UI.
As far as I know, there are 2 targeting UIs:

Single Target:
FuL5V1e.png

Area Target:
WoMD7f3.png

I want to have a Cone Target UI, Line Target UI, Area Target UI with a targeted unit and maybe some more.

A few months ago I saw a map where units had some of those but I cant remember what map it was.

If anyone knows how to set Targeting UI to an ability then tell me.

I prefer it without vJASS

Level 24
Level 24
I am afraid you need to add it manually for every single spell.
Still HOW do I add iit to a spell?

"Next to that it would be nice if I am able to get the mouse location after all."
check the link. That's the only way unless you want to use jass + third party programs.
I said without vJASS.
I prefer JASS over GUI btw.

Can I assume that that trackable system makes a trackable in every pixel of the map and with the hover event, i can determine the location of the mouse?
If so then I doubt it will be good for my CPU and if it will work flawlessly.

Level 24
I figured a way so it will be good but I still need a few things:

I need to know the location of the mouse. (Prefer without trackables on the entire map.)
I need to know when I selected an ability. (When the UI has to appear. If possible also when I hover over the icon of the ability.)

Level 24
I dont really care about the single target thingy.
In my opinion, it can stay there for every ability.

It seems that there is no way to detect when a player has clicked the ablity icon and so I thought of another way to go around:

What if I make an ability that is instant cast and has no effect, cost or cooldown.
Then when I click something, I cast the ability.
The biggest problem would be cooldown because the cooldown has to come on first ability when I cast the second.

I really want this to work :goblin_cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.