• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Making computers use Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi,

I'm looking into creating an AI for my map but most of the ultimates are based on channel and have a variety of different casting styles (No target, unit target etc).

Problem is that channel can only be cast as a No Target ability, which works for some abilities but not others.

I am aware of the "Force UI Key" thing but I don't know how that works and if you can force them to pick a target for the ability.

Any ideas?

P.S. All of the channel abilities have the "R" hotkey.

Level 22
In object editor, your channel has a "Data - Base Order ID = Channel", correct?
that ID must be changed to another ability then you must use trigger editor to order your computer to use it, for example: Shockwave and firebolt.
If you use Shockwave as your ID then you have to order your computer to use this:
  • Unit - Order YourUnit to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Shockwave YourTargetPoint
But if you use firebolt as your ID then you have to order your computer to use this:
  • Unit - Order YourUnit to Neutral - Firebolt YourTargetUnit

Status
Not open for further replies.