• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I've seen many custom spells on The Hive Workshop, and I'd like to know how to import these into my map, They are all map files and I have no Idea what to do..

If they are GUI spells, you have to File -> Preferences -> Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data. Then, copy the folder of the spell you want, go to your map and Edit -> Paste it. You also have to go to the Object Editor and check everything used by the spell: Units/Abilities/Buffs.

If it is a Jass spell, you will need to copy everything out of the Object Editor that is custom-made and you will create a new trigger in your map. Then, while your new trigger is on, go to Edit -> Convert to Custom text. You will receive a notification, press Ok. Select everything from the recently created text and delete it. Go back to the Jass spell in the other map, select the code from the spell, right click it and Copy. Return to your map and in the blank sheet of code you deleted previously, right click and Paste.

There are most likely instructions on how to implement your spell on almost every spell, especially Jass made ones.

Level 19
Do this:
1. Open your map

2. Open the map where the spell is located (don't close yours)

3. Open the trigger editor and object editor and copy the trigger and ability you want to use

4. Click Window -> YourMapName

5. Before pasting the trigger(s) for the spells and the abilities in the editor make sure your first gonna do this:
- Click on File -> Preferences
- Make sure that the "Create unknown veriables while pasting trigger data" option is checked.

Level 3
Do this:
1. Open your map

2. Open the map where the spell is located (don't close yours)

3. Open the trigger editor and object editor and copy the trigger and ability you want to use

4. Click Window -> YourMapName

5. Before pasting the trigger(s) for the spells and the abilities in the editor make sure your first gonna do this:
- Click on File -> Preferences
- Make sure that the "Create unknown veriables while pasting trigger data" option is checked.

Doesn't the World Editor only allow 1 instance of it running?

Status
Not open for further replies.