• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom spell based on Inner Fire; problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
So I got this custom spell, which I need to base on Inner Fire. But the problem is that, any time I cast this spell on a unit under the effects of Inner Fire, it messes everything up. Special Effects disappearing, spells not working at all, etc.

First I thought it was because both spells used the Inner Fire buff, but sadly, that's not it.

Is there a way to solve this?

Level 22
Alright, here it is:

• Arctic Strength Add to Group
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Arctic Strength (Frost Mage, Glacial Mage, and Glacial Templar)
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to ArcticStrengthTargetGroup
And another:

• Arctic Strength Add Frost Effect
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ArcticStrengthTargetGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Picked unit) has buff Arctic Strength ) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Arctic Strength Bonus to (Picked unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from ArcticStrengthTargetGroup
              • Unit - Remove Arctic Strength Bonus from (Picked unit)
It works perfectly, if the target units don't already have Inner Fire on them.

''Arctic Strenght Bonus'' is an item ability.

First of all, you add every 0.1 seconds the ability to the target. Do this:
  • Arctic Strength Add to Group
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Arctic Strength (Frost Mage, Glacial Mage, and Glacial Templar)
  • Actions
    • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of Arctic Strength Bonus) Not Equal to 0
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Add Arctic Strength Bonus to (Target unit of ability being cast)
        • Unit Group - Add (Target unit of ability being cast) to ArcticStrengthTargetGroup
      • Else - Actions
  • Arctic Strength Add Frost Effect
  • Events
    • Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in ArcticStrengthTargetGroup and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
          • If - Conditions
            • ((Picked unit) has buff Arctic Strength ) Equal to False
          • Then - Actions
            • Unit - Remove Arctic Strength Bonus from (Picked unit)
            • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from ArcticStrengthTargetGroup
          • Else - Actions
If the problem insists, add an additional condition
  • ((Picked unit) has buff Arctic Strength) Equal to False
  • ((Picked unit) has buff Inner Fire) Equal to True

Level 7
Maybe try this:
    • If - Conditions
      • ((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Inner Fire) Equal to False
    • Then - Actions
    • Else - Actions

Level 22
Is it necessary that both spells be based on Inner Fire?

Did you try this on any other 2 spells?

Well, I need to add bonus damage percentage to the target units. I wouldn't know how to do it differently.

I tried something similar with Roar a few days ago, which worked fine (I believe :I ).

Thanks Pharaoh, I hope it works. Back in a few minutes.

Well, I need to add bonus damage percentage to the target units. I wouldn't know how to do it differently.

Use Cripple with negative value in the field "Damage Reduction" (to enter negative value, Hold Shift before double-clicking the field) and change Targets Allowed to Friend. If you want the buff to have its status "green-lettered", when typing the name of the ability, use green color: |c0033ff00Arctic Strength|r (Copy-paste it); by default, Cripple is an offensive ability, so, in the default wc3 platform, it is used only for enemies, that is why it will have a red-lettered status.

Status
Not open for further replies.