• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Custom autocast ability off of inner fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

I made a custom ability based off of neutral inner fire (ACif) and another custom ability based on human inner fire (Ainf).

I gave this custom abillity A (based on ACif) its own unique text order strings, on/off, etc, and likewise for custom ability B (based on Ainf).

However, the two conflict when on the same unit.

Trying to cast ability A only casts ability B.

This makes no sense because I used different rawcodes.

How do I fix this, so when I cast ability A, it casts ability A and not ability B when both are on the same hero?

Level 26
Both abilities use the same order. The difference in ability ids does not matter and the two Inner Fires probably base on the same internal code. Changing the string order fields in object editor does not help. There are only a few specific abilities where you can change the order via an extra field.

How about Bloodlust as 2nd?

Level 15
Not sure what you mean by "bloodlust 2nd."

I am just trying to make an autocast ability that increases the armor of friendly units, like frost armor, except no slowing effect or anything.

Level 12
Have bloodlust just for another ability with autocast, when it's cast remove the buff and create a dummy with your 2nd inner fire and make it cast it on the same target

I think you can remove the slow from frost armor (in game constants) but that would make other abilities like frost nova and breath of frost also lose their slow.

Level 15
Still confused.

Is Bloodlust like the Channel spell for autocasts?

Suppose I am using every autocast spell already, and I want to make additional, custom ones. Furthermore, a hero can have any combination of autocast spells. So if my hero has Bloodlust and then a custom ability based off of Bloodlust, then they will not work properly like the Inner fire example?

I swear, this is the one thing that always makes me think back on SC2.

Level 26
Suppose I am using every autocast spell already, and I want to make additional, custom ones. Furthermore, a hero can have any combination of autocast spells.

Channel respectively the other abilities where you can change the order id are not/cannot be modded to autocasts. That leaves you stuck with the order pool from the normal autocasts. Since you say you require more abilities and that any combination shall be possible, it would mean you would have to model each ability to have at least <amount of available command card's slots> versions, so you can allocate a free order for sure. To be added is the fact that not every basic ability possesses the same target type, let alone the usage behavior.

So if my hero has Bloodlust and then a custom ability based off of Bloodlust, then they will not work properly like the Inner fire example?

Positive.

Still, why do you need so many autocasts? The unit can only have one activated at a time anyway. And is it about the auto on/off mode or do you want to click the ability for casting too?

Level 12
To me it seems like a lot of the issues wouldn't really happen in anything close to normal wc3 map, it would most likely help us greatly to get a general idea of what you're actually making.

Status
Not open for further replies.