• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Skin = Game Crash (upon loading)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Hi everyone.

I have a problem about skin importing. I've read the tutorials, and yesterday I managed to import my own skins who worked properly in the game, nice.

But today, I don't know why, I've changed the skin and updated it, and result : the map begins to load itself, but the loading stops after the middle, the game freezes and I have to go back to MacOs.

Has it already happened to you ?

CYD

CYD

Level 4
The strangest part is that it was working yesterday.

I'm trying to replace the Arthas skin, and I've put the path "textures/Arthas.blp", which I think is correct ... I've made a small with nothing but Arthas to study the problem.

If there's a path problem, isn't the game supposed to launch the map with an invisible unit ? It's the whole crash problem I don't get.

Level 12
The best solution would to look up "Not sure how to import this unit? Click Here" each time you import, and the specific one the specific model you import.
I do it and each time I learn new things.
For example, from my experience, the path should be "Arthas.blp", not in Textures.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Only "Arthas.blp" ? I will try.

And this solution you gave me, is this a link ?

Thanks !

Level 12
If it worked before, and suddenly stopped working, I hope you have older versions of your map saved!

Reactions: CYD
Level 3
did you re-edit the path right? because when you import it you have to first off get rid of the war3 imported and change that to a model import code and then the file then it shall work but may also be that the skin is not working or your computer is messed?

Reactions: CYD

CYD

CYD

Level 4
It works now, seems it wasn't a pathing problem but my TGA file that was ... dunno, kinda messed up. I made a new skin and it work properly.

Anyway, thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.