• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Some of my custom maps crash on loading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks.

I have just installed War3 on my win10 laptop for the first time (via my b.net account) and some of my own maps can't load when I start them up. The game is at patch 1.28.5 something.

This one specific map loads to around 90% and then the application freezes. The wierd thing is that from time to time the loading completes and the "press any key to continue" shows the game will immediately crash.

I've tested another really simple map which makes the application freeze at around 30%, and another map that loads fine.

I should note that I have tried opening the first map mentioned above in the editor. But it crashes the editor around where it initializes units, sometimes after. One time it completed all the loading but then crashed.
I'm fairly certain I haven't used any map protection on this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.