• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Custom Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi guys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:vw_unimpressed: , Again many questions -_- :

1- I saw in some maps , A multiple big custom inventory showing in the whole screen , and some times picking system with heroes' icons in the whole screen . These are menus...I know they are made in JASS , Any tutorial for them?!
2- This is related to the first question ; How can I make a 'Calculator' menu !!?? Where a player clicks a number from 1-9 button on the menu then the number is shown in a little box..Can this be done?!
3- Sometimes after creating images on the ground , they are very mixed , I mean the image is not properly created and not clear . They must be stretched .
4- Maphack detector?!!! Is there any tool or a script for this?
5- There is a problem when detecting a cliff level in a point , and this point's cliff level is square and has 1 unit ( small ) and can't be detected anyways , What's this ?
6- Some units have collision 0 . When there are many animals in a small region , and then replacing one of these units , this unit gets out of this region , although the replaced unit and the new unit have 0 collision .

+rep always :xxd:

Level 25
5- There is a problem when detecting a cliff level in a point , and this point's cliff level is square and has 1 unit ( small ) and can't be detected anyways , What's this ?
There is no such problem. Just tested it - I increased cliff size by 2 in a size 1 area (that's the smallest one in terrain editor). Then made a trigger check and it did return that that cliff size was higher by 2 than the rest of the map.

Note that cliff size only responds to actual cliffs, not to terrain raised via the "Raise" tool.

Level 20
6- Some units have collision 0 . When there are many animals in a small region , and then replacing one of these units , this unit gets out of this region , although the replaced unit and the new unit have 0 collision .

Only Ground units obbey 0 collision. Flying units don't. They have some kind of fixed collision (I'm not sure about floating or amphibious). Besides, the GUI "Move unit" action checks if terrain is walkable before moving the unit, and searchs for the nearest available spot. This doesn't happen when you use SetUnitX() and SetUnitY(). Maybe the "Move Unit" action checks for the available points using the Units default collision and not custom one.

Level 15
Only Ground units obbey 0 collision. Flying units don't. They have some kind of fixed collision (I'm not sure about floating or amphibious). Besides, the GUI "Move unit" action checks if terrain is walkable before moving the unit, and searchs for the nearest available spot. This doesn't happen when you use SetUnitX() and SetUnitY(). Maybe the "Move Unit" action checks for the available points using the Units default collision and not custom one.
Haha great , Thanks .
It's possible, but not easy
That's why I ask >.>
3) The image must have a transparent borders, at least 1 pixel wide.

Hm didn't understand :*/

Status
Not open for further replies.