• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Merging 2 units / Purchase cost icon / making a unit black / multiple building menus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am not sure if all of these questions fall within this area of the forums (or if any of them do), but I am not sure where else to ask so I figured this would be the best place. Anyway, here are the few questions:

1) Is there a pre-existing ability that merges 2 units into 1 new unit? I am currently working on a combining a dummy ability with triggers, but it is taking a long time, is complicated, and I am not sure if it will work in the end.

2) I have changed the lumber icon so that the bar at the top of the screen displays a different icon, but whenever I try to buy a unit that costs “lumber,” the standard lumber icon appears in the cost, and not the new icon. How do I change the icon in the purchase cost?

3) Is there a way to make a unit black, other than turn all of the “color tinting” options to 0 and skinning?
4) Can a builder have access to multiple “build” menus? I want to be able to have 2 builders (which build different things) to combine to produce a new builder, which has access to its components buildings as well as some new ones? Preferably without limiting the number of buildings to 3 or 4 each.

Thanks for any help you can give :grin:

Level 17
1) Is there a pre-existing ability that merges 2 units into 1 new unit?

Ride Hippogryph.

4) Can a builder have access to multiple “build” menus?
Yes, and no. You can't have more than one build menus, but..
You can make a spellbook which looks like a build menu. You can fill the spellbook with spells based on "Channel". Give channel different orderids, when a skill is used from this spellbook create a dummy unit and order it to cast a spell based on Tiny Town Hall or Barracks or any other of those pocket-buildings.

Level 2
Thanks everyone for your answers, they all work perfectly. :grin:

And the reason I couldn't find the lumber "icon" was because the tooltip version of the icon was in the "Image" section, not "Icon" (In case anyone else is wondering)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.