• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Request] Anti MH System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
as the name already says, I'm looking for a system of anti mh
If someone could do or know of a system I'm looking for
This system I plan to use in a melee map, and on another map changed

Thanks for the help

I searched the forum but not found much
for this reason I made this post

detail
I use a anti mh tool
a friend of mine gave
It serves to detect something selected out of the fog
I do not know if you will have problems

Level 25
I did some tests using "Is point visible to player" and "Is unit visible to player" using the garena map hack (only one I could find that works for 1.26a), and that doesn't work.

The maphack seems to bypass anything you can do within the editor to detect it, so a proper anti hack would probably need to go much deeper.

A quick google search doesn't show anyone with a working anti-hack... quite sad really :(

Reactions: ndh
Level 19
Nestharus has a working anti-mh somewhere but it only works if a player clicks a unit that he wouldnt be able to see without teh hack

Level 12
I did some tests using "Is point visible to player" and "Is unit visible to player" using the garena map hack (only one I could find that works for 1.26a), and that doesn't work.

The maphack seems to bypass anything you can do within the editor to detect it, so a proper anti hack would probably need to go much deeper.

A quick google search doesn't show anyone with a working anti-hack... quite sad really :(

I agree with everything you said, it is very sad to see someone wanting to play at the base of cheating
I thought that there was something that prevented this

Nestharus has a working anti-mh somewhere but it only works if a player clicks a unit that he wouldnt be able to see without teh hack

I'll look for this, if you know where this this post paste it here please

Level 2
I thought about adding a system like this to my map, and UndeadImmortal's system is pretty nice.

But there are complications in the map I'm making: too many true sight and far sight stuff in it. If a player uses far sight in an area and there's a building in it, when the fog returns, the building can still be seen (with fog over it, but it can), and thus can be selected.

I was thinking, how does MH behave with Alpha Masks? And even if I made an invisible unit appear in a place where no skill/unit can reach, would a simple function that checks which player can select it suffice? Is there a way to check it that doesn't require the player to actually select the unit, just be able to select it?

Status
Not open for further replies.