• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Maps doesn’t upload

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I used to upload maps to play with my friends. Recently I created my secondary account which I want to use only to do these maps.
I don’t know why, but I can’t upload my maps using this account.
I am always getting an error during the upload process “Error transmitting header file”. I tried reinstalling everything, but it doesn’t work.
I can’t find the clue, but clearly is linked to the account used to the upload. I saw that using a friend’s account it works fine. Anyone have an idea?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need to own any of the paid campaigns to be able to upload maps to BattleNet. I do not know if coop commanders count or paid cosmetics count. Owning Wings of Liberty before it was made free content does count, but that will not apply to new accounts.

This is used to lock out custom map making from free players. StarCraft II was not originally designed to be a free to play game and that is one aspect that has remained.

Be aware that multi-accounting is probably against the BattleNet ToU.

Last edited:
Level 1
Thanks for the information. If that's the case I don't think I could use this design account ☹️
I was not thinking on using this new account to play, so not expecting to go against BattleNet ToU.
It was only to avoid connecting & disconnection each time I want to test last release.

Level 1
Anyway I just notice, I am also getting several warnings when trying to publish one of my maps. I am not sure if this can be also an issue.
I don't want to own one campaign and still not being able to publish.
Anyone knows how to solve these warnings?

1666193683431.png

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Looks like there is something wrong with your map's locality? It should still publish fine I would imagine.

My guess is that your client is set to a different locality than what you were using to create the map. For example, you might have been creating it with ENUS text but your client is set to some language like French so it is trying to load the French localization files which do not exist and so emitting that warning that they are not part of the map and cannot be downloaded.

Or maybe you recently changed the locality you are trying to edit? Or using?

Level 1
Thanks for the feedback!. It really looks like the "LocalityFail" warnings were caused by missing ENUS local files.
I already added the language, and they were downloaded automatically. Now these warnings are not there anymore.
But still seeing the CActorDoodad warnings below:

1666197347786.png

Any idea on how to solved these last warnings?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Looks like missing textures. The model is trying to reference textures that do not exist. Make sure that the texture paths in the data editor match up with existing textures and were not accidently mangled when you copied/duplicated the data.

If these are Blizzard assets (not modified data) then it is possible they made a mistake and forgot to include the texture or update the data.

Level 1
These are Blizzard assets which I didn't modify. So, in theory must be there.
I have been looking for this path "asstes\doodads\templestatue\" but I couldn't find it in my desktop.
Can I download these files and place them somewhere?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I have been looking for this path "asstes\doodads\templestatue\" but I couldn't find it in my desktop.
It should be inside one of the data mods in the CASC archive. It is an internal file path.

If the file is missing from the CASC, or in a different mod that you are not depending on, then you might want to avoid placing that model on your map.

Level 1
I really don't know what to do... I reinstalled the application twice and not sure how to solve the issue.
I solved the Locality problems and also tried with a different map not depending on these mods, but I am still getting an strange error during uoload.
It asks me to upgrade my copy of Starcraft II. But I am already having it in the last patch.

1666256366718.png

Level 1
I finally solved it!!!. I just need to purchase something to enable the publishing. Even a simple skin works.
I only added one new announcer, and applied it and I can upload maps already.

Status
Not open for further replies.