• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom Icons Deleted? During Game?

Level 18
Anyone know anything about bug that would turn custom icons into green boxes during game? Assuming btn and disbtn imported and pathed correctly. Not sure what would cause this? Known Bliz bug?

Level 18
It’s not my map so haven’t looked deep. Just wanted to post and see if it sounds like a known bug.

I want to blame the mapper but i’m not sure any function could change the paths, even if that was the intention? If possible it could be a workaround for this potential bug, to re-path them after the issue triggers.

It seems paths are right, icons appear as intended, until certain triggers run. Then they seem to be pathed wrong.

I thought I saw someone mention this on discord or a forum or something. But they described it as a game engine issue, where a recent patch had made it so that sometimes the game would "reload" assets in some way, but when it was internally doing a reload it would not reload "map assets."

So, based on hearsay, it sounded to me like this was a bug from a new patch. But I could be wrong. Maybe someone else knows more.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I've ran into this myself as well.
They're not deleted, you probably just got the paths wrong. That or 1.36 introduced a new bug but I haven't experienced that or heard anything about that.
The thing is this happened mid-game. If the path is wrong the issue would be there since the start of the game.

What happened instead for me was that the icon was working fine and all of a sudden it became green.

And in that same game, it also happened with a model which was there at the start and then stopped loading - a building simply became invisible and unselectable.