• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom icon not working everywhere in my map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys!

I imported a custom icon from hiveworkshop. Its working well, but when my hero goes next to the shop, and i want to browse in the items, that the shop offers, the custom icon of my weapon in my hero's inventory changes to a green spot. :\ When i leave the shop, the custom icon of the item changes back to normal picture.

So my custom icon not working, when i try to buy new items from any shop.
Then it changes back to normal.

I have the same problem with a custom ability portrait. It works well, but when i want to learn a new spell with my hero, the ability portrait changes to the green spot, then its back to normal after i learned the new spell.

What m I doing wrong ?
Please help me.

(Sorry for my bad english, hope you guys help me!)

Level 2
try to put ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\
before your "imported icon" path...or check the tutorial on importing, maybe you´ll find some hints there, good luck

Level 9
I think I know what is your problem.

Let me understand:
If you click on the shop, the shop items work well but the ones from inventory are green and if you click on unit the inventori items work well?

If this is your problem the answer is simple:
Download the Icon's DISBTN.
The DISBTN is the Icon with but "blacked" that shows the items/abilities that can't be used at that moment.

BTN:
icons_11482_btn.jpg

DISBTN:
icons_11482_disbtn.jpg

And don't forget to change the icon path:
BTN: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNBNTringofbloodheart.BLP
DISBTN: ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNBNTringofbloodheart.BLP

When you download an Icon from THW, you download at least BTN and DISBTN (you can also download PASS (DISSPASS) etc. if the icon has these too), but if you want just the normal icon, download both BTN(IconName) and DISBTN(IconName) and change the path as I said above.

Reply me if this helped.

Level 3
I got both icons BTN and DISBTN too.

The two paths of the icon are:
BTNSword_Of_The_King.blp
DISBTNSword_Of_The_King.blp

No any other path. Just the 2 file names in the import editor.
The BTN works well, cuz i see the icon in 90% of the time.
But when i click on a shop, or press pause, the DISBTN doesnt working, its changes to a green spot.
.. i cant understand. Whats the problem ?

Level 14
I got both icons BTN and DISBTN too.

The two paths of the icon are:
BTNSword_Of_The_King.blp
DISBTNSword_Of_The_King.blp

No any other path. Just the 2 file names in the import editor.
The BTN works well, cuz i see the icon in 90% of the time.
But when i click on a shop, or press pause, the DISBTN doesnt working, its changes to a green spot.
.. i cant understand. Whats the problem ?
That's the problem. For DISBTN, you'll need to import the icon like this:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtonsDisabled\DISBTNSword_Of_The_King.BLP
You don't need to worry about changing the path for the regular icon though.
More information about importing icons here.

Level 14
I had this trouble too with models and they showed up as green box.
There is a small importing tutorial for every model at the Hive Workshop under "Not sure how to import this model? Click here."
Basically:
1) Have you made sure that all texture that came with the model are set to the correct paths?
2) Have you tried reopening the map with World Editor after importing the model?
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?id=8tpcva&p=tutorial_import

Status
Not open for further replies.