• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] How to change an item in shop when it's already bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys. I've been trying for few hours to solve problem with buying abilities from shop.
All I want to do is that my hero could buy a ability from shop and later he could upgrade this ability via shop at some cost.

So I created a custom shop which has a custom ability and when my hero enters nearby he can successfully buy it. Until this moment everything is fine. But what I want is that when he buys an ability than the same ability upgrades automatically in a shop and my hero lately could buy it in higher level and at cost of some gold or lumber.

So questions is: How I can change ability (item) in shop? :)

P.S. If you can't understand me, ask me I'll try explain as I can. :)

Level 25
Event: A unit Sells an Item
Condition: Item-Type of item bought == AwesomeSauce
Set item1 = Item of Type of Item Carried in slot 1 - 6 == AwesomeSauce

if (item1 equal to No Item == false)
{
replace item1 with AwesomeSauce Lvl 2
}

Psuedo code but it should work.

Level 25
  • buys item
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to INSERT_ITEM_HERE_MAKE_IT_A_POWERUP_AND_YOU_CAN_UPGRADE_WHEN_FULL_INVENTORY
    • Actions
      • Set Item1 = No item
      • -------- Loop through all the items in the inventory, will only pick one as the item to be replaced --------
      • For each (Integer tempInt) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Buying unit) in slot tempInt)) Equal to Claws of Attack +3
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Item1 = (Item carried by (Buying unit) in slot tempInt)
            • Else - Actions
      • -------- Check the item --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Item1 Not equal to No item
        • Then - Actions
          • Item - Remove Item1
          • Hero - Create Claws of Attack +6 and give it to (Buying unit)
        • Else - Actions

Level 2
My shop is not an unit guys. I think you all know Dota, don't you? At beginning in dota you have to choose a hero, which is stored is some kind of store (I call it shop) the same thing is with my abilities they are at that place as heroes at beginning of dota. I need to know how to change that in game via trigger?

Level 25
Try the trigger above. It detects when you buy an item from a shop, the Goblin Merchant for example.

When you buy heroes from a "shop" you buy them from the tavern, it's in neutral passive - Buildings.

Status
Not open for further replies.