• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero --- talen screw up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello folks

i used to be an avid World of Warcraft player

about 3 weeks ago, i stopped....both because subscription ran out, but also because i didnt saw any reason to keep playing an imbalanced piece of crap where not only is it dominated by 2 or 3 classes/ specs at most, but also even the PvE/ lore part is screwed uup beyond repair

but i really loved the warlock class .... so i made a custom hero for WC3 TFT, called Legion Warlock.

he is derived from the Eredar Diabolist model, to which i added a team glow with the wonderful editor

to be in line with the warlock feel, i wanted to give it the Drain Life, Sifon Mana, Rain of Fire (like the Pit Lord) and Doom (demon summoning like the Pit Lord) spell

but here trouble starts !!!

when in object editor, i added these spells into Object Editor --> Abilities hero, and then went ingame to test them ....they do NOT appear in order, like normal abilities!

in the small lower right corner ....instead of appearing like normal ( small skils in first 3 little squares with the ultimate skill in last, 4th square), they appear scrambled!

in the 2nd square....the ultimate skill....in the last 1st and last 2 squares, the normal skills

is there a way i can put them in order so i do NOT impact anything else ?

thanks

Level 4
this WILL NOT work !

that x and y refer to the character s position on the menu of Altar of Darkness ( its an undead hero), and NOT to his skills

its his skills that are scrambled....thanks for the idea though

Level 10
The X and Y art buttons for the unit refer its icon position in whatever shop you buy it from.

What you want to do is modify the X and Y art button values on the abilities themselves.

I don't know how advanced you are but here are all the steps:

1. Click on "module" and open up the Object Editor (or hit F6)
2. Click on the "abilities" tab
3. Find the abilities you want to give to the hero in the folders on the left

I believe they are in the following:
Siphon Mana: Human --> heroes
Doom: Neutral Hostile --> heroes
Rain of Fire: Neutral Hostile --> heroes
Life Drain: Neutral Hostile --> heroes

4. For each ability you'll see a whole bunch of data, just look at the very top of the page and you will see the Art Button Positions. Modify them to fit however you want them to look.

If you want it to be Ability - Ability - Ability - Ultimate, then you can do this:

Ability 1:
Normal (X) - 0
Normal (Y) - 2
Research (X) - 0
Research (Y) - 0

Ability 2:
Normal (X) - 1
Normal (Y) - 2
Research (X) - 1
Research (Y) - 0

Ability 3:
Normal (X) - 2
Normal (Y) - 2
Research (X) - 2
Research (Y) - 0

Ultimate:
Normal (X) - 3
Normal (Y) - 2
Research (X) - 3
Research (Y) - 0

Hope this helped mate :thumbs_up:

Level 4
N1ghthawk

wont i affect the abilities on the original owners as well, if i edit things here?

awesomely put

Level 4
EDIT: nvm ! :D

i copy/pasted the desired spells into custom abilities :D

damn! this should be sticky :D

many many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.