• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom Hero Spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi

I was wondering how to make a hero pick system where the player would pick a hero then pick 3 normal spells and one ultimate spell and from then on that hero would learn those 4 spells like a normal hero would.

This concept is used in Custom Hero Line Wars and Custom Hero Footman Wars.

Cheers for any help! :)

Level 25
Don't know the map.
I guess heroes don't have any ability set and then when player chooses one ability, it is add via the "Unit - Add ability" action.

There are probably integers and booleans that control how many "normal" abilities you have picked and if you have picked ultimate ability.

Level 13
The abilities were placed in shops as items and you had 3 lumber for the basic spell area and then you went through a teleport to the ultimate area and got 1 extra lumber for one from those shops. Would the "Unit - Add ability" cause the spells to still use hero attributes then? If so that's easier than expected!!

Level 25
Dunno what you mean by using hero attributes - if I get what you mean, it should use them as the trigger's event and conditions would still be the same.
However there's nothing easier than to test that yourself.

I think you mean the skill points. Adding an ability with "Unit - Add Ability" will treat it as a regular unit ability (non-hero). If you want to allow skill points to be spent in it, then you should read through this thread:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/adding-spell-hero-ability-218522/

You can take advantage of the ability Engineering Upgrade, and it'll allow you to add an ability with skill points. (see Halo's post)

As for the other matters, perhaps this tutorial will help:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...79/abilities-purchases-upgrades-items-205576/

Status
Not open for further replies.