• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make a hero learn custom spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi friends, im working with my ARENA map and couldn't order com heroes to learn custom spell. To make them learn spells, i use this trigger:

event: a unit gain a level
action: learn skill for triggering unit : blizzard.
learn skill for triggering unit ......

----But this trigger is so long and the heroes cant learn any custom trigger.
Just the basic spells are in use, i made a lot of spells based on unit spells and copyings of heroes' spell but i cant order my heroes to learn them.
----I have played a map call "reaper arena VNe online" and i saw that the com heroes can learn event custom unit, but im sure they did not use any JASS for i can play that map with WARCRAFT 3 V 1.07.
----Friends, please help me.

And two more questions:

1/how to make a stash to store items?
2/how to make com heroes auto pick up and buy items?

Level 16
To make heroes learn custom spells you order them to learn the spells that the custom ones are based on. Like if you modifie blizzard spell to "rock rain" or something, then you order the hero to learn blizzard and it will learn your "rock rain".

1. Make another unit and give it the ability "inventory"
2. You will need to order them to do so with triggers

Level 16
vnakira said:
OK, but if i do so, it just give the hero the ability as a unit abi {only 1 level}, and the hero cant' spend any more skill points for it.

You can change that ability into a hero ability in the ability editor. Find the field "hero ability - false" and change it to "true". If you dont want it to be a hero ability then you cant spend your hero points on it. (except with some trigger shit but im not going to go in to that)

vnakira said:
And if a add an abi to a hero, will it auto cast it while struggling?, or i must use another trigger to order him to fire it?

No, heroes wont cast their unit abilities unless they are "autocast" (example bloodlust). You will need a trigger to order the hero to cast your unit abilities. They will cast their hero abilities that have been learned.

Status
Not open for further replies.