• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Hero Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm really sorry if this is something that's been asked a lot. I've tried using the almighty google, but haven't been able to find anything that's helped me out. I'm very new to the WC3 editor, so I might need people to talk to me like I'm only three years old.

Anyway, I downloaded a Lich King model from this site and have been able to get it working in game just fine. The problem is, it just doesn't feel right using him without his WoW voice, so I found some of the WotLK Lich King audio that I feel would correspond well to a RTS unit. I saw that the quickest way to give him his voice would be to replace an existing units audio file, so I figured I'd go with the Death Knight.

According to what I've read, I should just be able to use the "Replace Internal Sound" of the various Death Knight audio files and be able to replace them with the WoW Lich King voice, no problem. They even work in the Sound Editor Module. Unfortunately, they don't work in game. Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Again, I'm truly sorry if this is a common question, but I couldn't find any links to this forum on Google that helped me.

(Also, as a much less important issue, the Lich King's hero icon near the top left corner is fine unless I bring up the menu [F10] in which case it turns into a green box. What's the deal with that?)

This should be a relevant tutorial:
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=39614

Although it seems as though you have already done that. You may want to upload the map you used so we can see what the problem is. (Or make a custom map with just the sounds and the process you used, in case you don't want to disclose your project to the public)

P.S. Are your sounds mp3 files or wav files?

The other issue about the green icon is because you don't have a disabled icon. See:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2d-art-tutorials-281/my-icon-green-game-why-13372/
If you do not have a disabled version of the lich king icon, then you should use Button Manager to create a DISBTN.

Level 2
Hey! Thanks so much for the quick response! Like I said in my first post, I'm just started trying to use the World Editor today, so I'm sure whatever I'm doing wrong is something simple. That said, I'm not entirely sure where the most convenient place to upload the file for you would be. Also, when I do upload the map for you, will it still include the "imported files?" Also, I converted the files from .ogg to .wav

Again, I'm really sorry for being so helpless in this area, but this site seemed like a good community to learn from.

Level 37
That said, I'm not entirely sure where the most convenient place to upload the file for you would be. Also, when I do upload the map for you, will it still include the "imported files?"

You can use the pastebin for uploading the map, the link is in the upper left corner of the page.

Uploaded maps will contain the imported files.

Make sure your sound files as 22 Khz and mono, wav.

Level 2
Ha! I knew it was going to be a simple oversight on my part! Yeah, I had converted it to wav, but didn't think to make it mono and left it at 44khz. Thank you so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.