• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Custom Ground Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, so I'm interested in making a single player map with custom textures (cliffs, grass, dirt etc) but I don't want to edit the MPQ files, so yea is there any easy way to change the cliff texture for example?

Any tips or links to tutorials would be very appreciated :)

Level 37
I don't recommend to use cliffs at all. Use the the Apply Height tool instead. You can check some custom tiles in the skins database, and see how they should be imported.

Basically you select the tile types for your map, then import the custom textures and adjust the import paths so that the textures of the tiles are overwritten.

Status
Not open for further replies.