• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Import] Model textures are replaced with team colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone.
Right now I try to make a custom race in the Reforged WEditor. The problem is that some custom models I downloaded are not textured properly. The separate texture files are the one missing and I didn't find any solution to it so far. The missing textures are replaced with the team color and it seams like that the model can't use the textures that were downloaded and imported together. So far it happened with every model that uses separate texture files in it.
Maybe there is something I'm missing to do in the Editor to make it work. Any tip is appreciated.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Make sure the imported textures have their file path set to the path the model expects them to be at. This varies from model to model and can be checked. using a tool like Retera model studio or even notepad (they are human readable strings near the start of the file) if you are skilled enough.

Some older custom models may have malformed BLP texture files. If this is the case then you need to use BLP Lab to convert them to TGA (or other uncompressed formats) and then back into BLP1 using JPEG compression and making sure the appropriate number of mipmap levels are generated in the output BLP file. Mipmap count is determined by the largest dimension of the image, repeatedly integer divided by 2 until it is 1, which would be the last mipmap.

Status
Not open for further replies.