• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replacing Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I feel like I'm missing something simple here, but I exported a few textures from the /textures/ folder. DDS files.. I modified them, and imported them back into my map via asset manager.

The specific texture was _hd.w3mod/textures/waterblobs1.dds

I also tried changing the asset paths, switching sd to hd, importing the mdx and dds files for the model that uses that texture (water elemental). No luck..

What am I missing.. how do you do this :(

Level 2
It's not working for some reason.

File Name = textures\water_blobs1.dds
Mode = HD
Teen = No
Locale = Unknown
Type = Other
Size = 85
Full Path = _HD.w3mod\textures\water_blobs1.dds

Is there a step I'm missing? I just import it via asset manager. The goal here is to just globally replace that texture.

I downloaded the nvidia/photoshop installs for dds support, to modify those. I thought I might be saving those files wrong, so I also tried taking a different dds file, and just renaming it, then trying that.

Nothing is working for me so far.

Level 2
It saved as DXT5?

Maybe not.. that might be the issue.

I don't know much about this dds format, but when I save the file from Photoshop, there's a long list of different ways to save the file, with tons of options.

Still trying to figure out what that needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.